Homemade graham crackers in cooker and oven Recipe!!
My son became a crazy fanatic of graham crackers after having one which was brought from overseas by my relative. Ever since it got over he had been asking for it. And, I couldn’t find one here. So, I decided to make one for him at home. Before which I had to do some research.
So basically graham crackers gets the name from the person who invented it, Sylvester Graham. It is made using graham flour which is, a homemade wheat flour. But, the difference is that it is a little coarse and it is unsifted. I was happy from my research. This is something I can do and I can make do with the whole wheat flour that I have in home instead. Especially since both the graham flour and the whole wheat flour has the same protein content of 12%.
I was even more excited by its Uses. It can be used in making of graham cracker crust pies which is, making the pie crust with cracker crumbs. And, this can be used not only for pies but also for cheesecakes. I know what you are thinking, the next time she will make cheesecake or pie to this effect right?. You are damn right this is in my to do list but for now let’s get baking!! Oh! My son loves this version and likes to have it by dipping it in chocolate. What is your favorite way of having this?
Check out my other healthy bakes:
If you try this recipe, tag me #bittybakes. Follow me on Instagram @bakewithbittybakes.There is an Weekly Bake Challenge gonna happen, so don’t forget to check my Instagram!
Homemade Easy Graham Crackers
- 180 g (1 + 1/2 cup) Whole Wheat Flour (i used homemade wheat flour)
- 80 g (1/2 cup) Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Mix in Flour, Sugar, Baking soda and salt.
- Add in butter and mix it till it forms bread crumbs texture.
- Add Honey, Milk and vanilla. Mix it to form a dough. Cling wrap it.
- Refrigerate for atleast 2 hours or overnight.
If you are baking in cooker:
- Preheat the cooker in low flame for 10 min. Don't put gasket and whistle.
- Place a parchment paper in a round flat bottom pan.
- Roll the dough to 1/4" thickness and use a cookie cutter to cut it round shape.
- Poke the crackers using a fork.
- Place the cookies in the pan and bake for 10-12 min.
If you are baking in Oven:
- Preheat oven to 200 C for 10 min. Prepare a cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Roll and cut the dough in rectangles. Poke it using fork.
- Place in cookie tray and bake for 10-12 min until the edges are golden brown.
- Once its completely cooled, store in air tight container till use.