Whenever I thought of Christmas, this Homemade Orange Marmalade Cake was in my mind.
Orange Marmalade Cake is in my to-do list for a long time. And I finally made it for this Christmas!
This is the best season to get a variety of Oranges and its time for some citrusy cooking!! So I made Orange Marmalade from scratch. Its really a time consuming process, but worth making it.
Orange Marmalade is a jam, that’s usually made from the peel and juice of any citrus fruits. I used only Orange Peel and juice to make mine.
I used 5 Oranges around 800 grams and got 2-200ml jars of Marmalade. You can use and preserve this like Jam. I will share “How I made Orange Marmalade in Cooker?” as soon as possible. In the meantime, enjoy this Homemade Orange Marmalade Cake Recipe.
And I am sending this to Bakeathon where a group of Bakers join to bake 3 recipes a week all through December. You can check out other bloggers below.
Check out my other Orange Cake Recipes:
Homemade Orange Marmalade Cake
- 150 g (1/3 + 1/3 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 150 g (1/2 + 1/3 cup) Castor Sugar
- 150 g (1 + 1/8 cup) All Purpose Flour
- 40 g Almond Meal
- 3 Eggs
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Juice of 1 Orange
- 5 tbsp Orange Marmalade
- 1/4 cup Almond Flacks optional
- Measure and whisk Flour, Almond meal, salt and baking powder. Reserve.
- Preheat oven to 200 C for 20 minutes. Prepare 7 inch round pan with parchment paper.
- Measure Butter and using a beater, beat Butter and sugar till creamy.
- Add in Eggs, one at a time and beat till incorporated.
- Add Vanilla Extract and Orange Marmalade. Beat till mixed.
- Mix in Dry ingredients and juice of one orange.
- Mix without lumps and pour it in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Sift some powdered sugar on top and serve it with Almond Flacks.
Check out the other bloggers doing this Bake-a-thon