This Homemade Passion fruit curd recipe can be used several ways!
I should say only after started my blog I have learnt a lot of in culinary journey!! I am saying this because, until then I didn’t know this wonderful fruit. And its rarely available in India.
Passion fruit is highly nutritious. This tropical fruit is rich in anti oxidants and vitamin C. Also a good source of dietary fiber. Widely spread in 2 different varieties in color and size. Most common are Purple and Yellow varieties.
It has hard, colorful rind and juicy, seeded center. Even passion fruit peel works for anti-inflammatory effects. So add it in your daily lifestyle.
Passion fruit curd is one recipe that you can use in various ways. You can just top it on some cakes, use in layered dessert, filling in roll cake and so on. Just be careful when you make it.
Tips and Tricks for Homemade Passion fruit curd:
- While whisking the yolks, keep in mind if you are not whisking constantly, yolks may start to cook and get into lumps.
- Once all are mixed, cook it just till right thickness. If cooked too much, it may become very thick. Also remember, once cooled it will thicken.
- Whisk it vigorously while heating the yolk mix.
You can find few of my other basic recipes below:
Homemade Passion fruit curd
- 1/2 cup (3-4) Passion fruit
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Separate the passion fruit pulp and reserve in a bowl.
- In a double boil, dissolve sugar in the pulp. Let it cool a bit, but keep warm.
- In another bowl, whisk yolks and lemon juice till paste.
- Pour warm pulp over the yolks in a slow and gentle manner, whisking consistently.
- Put back to heat and simmer for a while.
- Let it cook till thicken, whisk consistently. Don't let it too thick, remember once cooled, it thickens up again.
- Keep ready with the clean glass bottles for the curd.
- As soon as curd is done, just pour in the bottles and cover with cling wrap right on the surface to avoid layer formation.
- Once it comes to room temperature, refrigerate it till use. You can use it up to 2 two weeks.