Honey Semifreddo is an icecream with mousse like texture. Semifreddo is an Italian dessert. Here i made honey Semifreddo with a spicy citrus sauce.
Spicy citrus Sauce is the highlight of this dessert. It has both sweetness and hotness and a bit of tanginess that goes well with a chilled dessert.
This Sauce has orange and lime juice with some orange peel for tanginess and chilli powder or whole chilli can be added for hotness and finally honey is for sweetness. Apples and almonds are boiled and soaked in the sauce and left for a day.
I added up some honeycomb crumbs for the crunchiness. Sweetness, hotness and tanginess with the chilled semifreddo is yummy to enjoy both in cold winter and hot summer.
- 1 Egg
- 4 Egg yolk
- 100 g Honey
- 300 g Double cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
For Spicy Citrus Sauce:
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 50 g Honey
- 1 Orange
- 1/2 Lemon
- 6 slices Apple
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 6 Almonds
- Whip the cream with vanilla extract untill thickened, stop before stiff peaks. Reserve for later.
- Mix egg and honey. Place it on a double boiler and beat with electric blender until pale yellow and becomes a thick cream like texture.
- Strain it to remove any solid particles in it.
- Let it cool for some time. Then fold to the whipped cream in two parts.
- Brush a loaf pan with oil and Cling wrap it to get the semifreddo out easily.
- Pour the cream in the pan and set it in freezer for 8 hrs.
- In heavy bottom pan, melt butter.
- Mix in honey, chilli, cinnamon, 3 orange rind, juice of the orange and half lemon.
- Bring to boil add apple slices and almonds. Let the apple cook until it is fully glazed with the sauce.
- Just remove it from heat and leave the pan covered until the ice cream is ready.
- Remove the apples and almonds and reserve for plating. Add a glass of water to the sauce. Let it boil and thicken.
- Serve this yummy dessert with the honeycomb crumbs.