Honeycomb is a crunchy snack that goes well with a simple dessert, ice cream or fruit custard. It can also be enjoyed with a dip or chocolate and a sprinkle of sea salt.
The bigger you make, the bigger will the texture more like real honeycomb. Many complex desserts has this easy element on it to make it look gorgeous.
Honeycomb is small sugar bomb actually, since it has both honey and sugar. It can be made in different flavors. Add some lavender leaves, sea salt, any fruit flavored powder to make it more flavorful. It can be used on top of ice cream to make bits of crunchiness like i used in honey semifreddo.
Honeycomb with chocolate almond nutella is a nice combo, just try it out.
- 100 g Sugar
- 50 g Honey
- 1 tsp Soda-bi-carb/ Cooking soda
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan, place sugar and honey
- Give it a mix and let the sugar melt and start to brown.
- Now look for a golden brown color, and then remove from stove top and add soda. Mix well
- Pour it on a parchment lined tray. Let it cool and then break it into pieces, Store it in air tight container for a week.