This How to make chocolate mud cake is a revelation!
I remember the first time when I went to a hotel and saw mud cake. It looked so appealing I got one, it had a consistency of a mud to look and it tasted like chocolate and it was decadent!.
Check some of my other Chocolatey Deliciousness!!
So when I came across this recipe I was eager to try it. First, I decided to find out what the difference is between a regular cake and a mud cake. My research gave me the answer, in regular cakes you add chocolate powder whereas in mud cake you add melted chocolate.
Adding Melted Chocolate adds that richness to the cake and perfect with a cup of tea! I can just enjoy this cake all day 🙂
So, I started to prepare the cake and I used Ossoro’s Chocolate Bourbon Essence to enhance the flavour and trust me it did more than just enchanting it . It made the cake amazingly richer.
Easy Chocolate Mud Cake
- 250 g Unsalted Butter
- 200 g Dark Chocolate
- 1 + 1/3 cup Milk
- 270 g (1 + 1/2 cup) Castor Sugar
- 3/4 tsp Ossoro's Chocolate Bourbon Essence
- 2 Eggs
- 230 g (1 + 1/2 +1/4 cup) All Purpose Flour/Maida
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 200 C for 10 minutes. Prepare a muffin pan or a 8" pan by applying butter. (for 8" pan you have to apply butter paper too).
- In a sauce pan, add butter, chocolate, milk and sugar.
- Mix until everything is melted. Let it cool to lukewarm.
- In another bowl, whisk in Eggs and add in melted mix.
- Mix well, sift in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Mix till everything is smooth.
- Pour it in the prepared pan and bake for 12 to 15 min if muffin pan. (if 8" pan, bake for 30 min).
- Serve it with some fresh fruits or just dig in when its still hot!