Here I share you How to make Dulce de Leche in Cooker?
Dulce de Leche is a Spanish word for “Candy of Milk”. As the name says, its prepared from slowly heating the Sweetened Milk. Its color and consistency is same caramel. Its very popular in South American Countries.
I make it using a Condensed Milk Tin. By boiling the Tin in the Pressure Cooker, I cook the condensed Milk slowly for about 40 minutes. This is an easy technique to make Dulce de Leche.
You can even make it from scratch. Starting to boil the Full Fat Milk with Sugar and reducing it to a thick milk. And then let it cook slowly to make it to caramelized form. That’s a slow and time consuming process.
Its just easy to make in cooker in just 50 minutes. But from scratch will take about 5-6 hours I believe. Anyway I will post it once I give it a try.
- 1 or 2 Condensed Milk Tins
- Choose a pressure cooker that is very deep.
- Place the Tins on it’s sides, if you keep it straight, it will jump when the water starts to boil.
- Fill the cooker with water, such that water should be 1 inch more than the tin.
- Close the cooker with the Gasket and Whistle.
- Keep Full Flame.
- After the first Whistle sound, slow down the flame to half.
- Don’t put it in full simmer, that will take very long to cook.
- Keep it in Medium Flame for 50 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and let it rest till the whistle goes off for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, take out the Tins and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Open the Tin and you can see the caramelized condensed Milk in dark and thick consistency like Caramel.
- Transfer it to an air tight container and store in fridge until use.
- Place the Tin only on its sides. If it stands straight, it will start to jump.
- Water should be at least 1 inch higher than the tin.
- Don’t open the cooker till the pressure goes off.
- Let the Tin cool down completely to room temperature.
- Once the Tin is opened, store it in air tight container in fridge. It will stay up to 1 month. Freeze it for more than 3 months.
- Freeze the unopened Tin for up to 6 months.
3 thoughts on “How to make Dulce De Leche in cooker?”
Comments are closed.