“How to make Orange Marmalade in cooker?” is my long time pending recipe. And Finally!!
Marmalade is a fruit preserve usually made from juice and peel of Citrus Fruits. It’s like a citrusy jam that can be made from most of the citrus fruits.
When I first took a bite of croissant with the orange marmalade I didn’t like it at all, I felt it was too citrusy. After the second bite it was good and on the third bite I fell in love with it!! 🙂
After a few weeks of that bite with croissant, I started to carve for Marmalade. So I searched for a recipe and every where it said time consuming process. OH No!!
Peel pounds of Oranges and remove white part, then chop, boil and boil, wait for it to cook. Oh my goodness, then at last I decided to make this recipe with just 4 Oranges and easily in COOKER.
How to prepare Glass Jars?
- Thoroughly wash the glass jars.
- Put the jars in a bowl of hot water.
- Let it sit for 5 min.
- Remove jars and pat dry completely before filling with marmalade.
Storage and Uses:
- You can store the Marmalade for up to 1 year in fridge.
- Spoon it on Toasted Bread, Pancakes, Pavlovas.
- Don’t forget to use it in my Orange Marmalade Cake Recipe!!
Stick around for more interesting recipes, Subscribe now below!!
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”Don’t Miss A Recipe!!” group=”Public”]
How to make Orange Marmalade in Cooker?
- 4 Oranges
- 1 + 1/2 cup Water
- 1 + 1/4 cup Sugar
- Wash the Oranges clean. Using a towel, pat it dry.
- Run a knife only through the skin to peel it.
- Peel the skin and remove the white pith as much as possible, since they will be bitter.
- Now cut the inner juicy sections with a bowl underneath to catch the juice.
- Remove the white membrane in the sections.
- Chop the peel and sections.
- Add peel, sections with juice, water and sugar in a pressure cooker.
- Heat it up and mix it gently. Close the lid and let it whistle up to 8 whistles.
- Turn off the flame and wait till temperature comes down.
- After 20 minutes, open the lid.
- Let it come to boil again for 10 minutes.
- Now it should be in spreadable consistency. (note: once cooled, it will become dense, so keep it in mind)
- Store the cooled marmalade in prepared glass jars for up to a year. (check how to prepare glass jars above the recipe)