Making desserts is a never ending creative adventure. Meringue pops is one of them. The more you explore new ways to satisfy your sweet tooth buds, you will learn more amazing things about desserts and baking. Don’t forget to check tips on how to make perfect meringue pops!
When you were a kid, what is that one thing that you would never fail to buy wherever you go shopping with your parents? Or, what is that one thing that you would ask your uncle to buy when he wants to buy you something? For me, it was always Candies. From then onward, anything that looks like candy was my favorite. So is Meringue pops. As the days went by, I figured out that it’s not just me but all the kids love candies or even something that looks like a candy.
Wondering why am I saying this? I get a lot of questions on how to select a dessert or snack to bake for kids delight. All I do is, figure out what shapes and colors do kids like and make something out of it. So, Meringue pops came to my mind when I was having one such quality conversation with my friend who wanted to participate in Kids delight event. You do remember the Kids delight event with the birthday party treats theme right? I am passing on this to Srivalli’s Kids Delight!
If you like to participate, just mail me your recipes with a picture of the dish to [email protected]
Why do Kids like Meringue pops? First and foremost reason is that they look like candies and gives both creamy and crunchy texture. Most importantly, they are colorful and look extremely cute which tempts you instantly. So, let us take a look at the recipe.
My Observation on How to make Perfect Meringue Pops?
- I find this Italian method is more easy than french method. I always had problems with dissolving the sugar in french method. But when I dissolve the sugar in Egg Whites over a double boiler, its much easier.
- Preheat the oven to 100 C and bake it at 80 – 90 C. So that you don’t get cracks.
- My best baking time was 1 and 1/2 hours to get a crunchy top with a mallowy/chewy inside.
- You can use your favorite nozzle to pipe. You can pipe in regular small sizes to make meringue kisses.
How to make Meringue Pops
- 80 g Egg Whites (whites of 3 Eggs appox.)
- 130 g Castor Sugar
- pinch of Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 drop Any Gel Color (optional)
- 10 Wooden Skewers
- 2 tbsp Sprinkles
- In a Clean bowl, add whites and Sugar.
- Prepare a double boiler and place the whites on top.
- Whisk it continuously till all the sugar is dissolved in low flame.
- Check it by rubbing the mixture between your fingers.
- It should feel smooth.
- Remove from heat. Add Cream of Tartar.
- Using an electric beater, beat it to stiff peaks.
- Add Vanilla Extract and if using color mix it gently.
- Preheat oven to 100 C for 10 minutes. Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the batter in piping bag with your favorite nozzle.
- Pipe some straight lines to stick the skewers.
- Stick the skewers to those lines.
- Pipe Rossette or your favorite design on top of it.
- If you would like to add sprinkles, do it now.
- Bake it at very low temperature 80-100C, so that you can avoid browning.
- Bake it for 1 and 1/2 hour and later just let it in the oven till it comes to room temperature. Don't open the door.
- Store it in air tight containers.
- On the sight, kids will jump on joy!!
Make this for your kids and do let me know if your kid felt delighted. Will see you again with more kids delight recipes. Have any queries about how to make your kids happy by desserts? You can contact me through the below mentioned social media channels or drop a comment here. See you!