Most of the bakeries in India will sell this Indian Bakery Loaf Cake. As kid, I have always loved this tutti fruitti slices.
In childhood days, bakery is the only outlet we can go and spend some time. Most of the cakes in bakery is made with lot of fat and covered with buttercream that is made from margarine. It always leaves a after taste and I am not a fan of it.
So I prefer to have cakes without much fat and cream in it. This Indian Bakery Loaf cake is one of my favorites to go for. It doesn’t have any cream and made as loaves. They sell it as slices. 2 slices will cost around 10 in my childhood. So with my pocket money, I enjoy having this a lot.
Since this loaf has oil, it’s very moist and tutti fruitti adds to the taste. Flavoring it with Yudelo Pineapple flavor is the best part. Very Indian and makes it light and airy.
If you are interested in some of the other loaf recipes, below I am leaving few links that you may enjoy baking:
If you are on Instagram, catch me up at Bake with bitty bakes.
Indian Bakery Loaf Cake
- 1 1/4 cup Maida
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Oil
- 3/4 cup Sugar (if bigger granules, pulse it in mixer for few seconds)
- 1 tsp Yudelo Pineapple Flavor
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tbsp Tutti Fruitti
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200 C for 10 minutes. Prepare a 6" loaf pan by applying oil.
- In a small bowl, vinegar to milk and let it sit.
- Add 1 tbsp maida to tutti fruitti and give it a mix.
- In a bowl, add maida, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk it.
- Add in oil, sugar and egg.
- Add in Yudelo Pineapple flavor. Give it a mix.
- Add in milk. Whisk until everything comes together without any lumps.
- Fold in tutti fruitti.
- Pour it in the prepared loaf pan. Fill only 3/4 th of the pan.
- If the batter is leftover, pour in small muffin molds. I filled in 3 small molds.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 C for 25-30 min. After 15 minutes, check the small molds if its baked.
- Check with a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Enjoy this Indian Bakery Loaf cake!