Don’t you feel honey cakes are the best? Take a look at how to make Indian Bakery Style Honey Cake because I know that you love it too. Remember those good old days in school when we used to search for budget-friendly cakes? Honey cakes were always there for our rescue. To be honest, honey cakes are loved by even those who do not have a sweet tooth.
I do not know if the reason why we love Indian Bakery style Honey cake is because of the spongy, soft cake or is it the Jam spread. I guess most probably jam is the reason. As kids, bread and jam were our favorites. In fact, it is one of my favorite now as well. And, honey cakes were very similar to that which is bakery qualified.
Here I have Honey Cake Recipe but without Honey!! Instead I have flavored it with Honey Dew Essence by Ossoro. When you try out this recipe, do use Ossoro’s honey dew essence. As you already know, I am a regular user of Ossoro and I genuinely have good things to say about the product. Just a drop of essence is enough for the great flavour and tempting aroma. So, without further delay, let us get into the process of baking.
Indian Bakery Style Honey Cake
- 195 g (1 + 1/2 cup) All purpose Flour/Maida
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 135 g (1 + 1/4 cup) Castor Sugar
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Honey dew Essence
- 1/3 cup Milk
For Soaking Syrup:
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Ossoro's Honey Dew Essence
- 1/2 cup Mixed Fruit Jam
- 1/4 cup Desiccated Coconut
- Preheat oven to 200 C for 10 minutes. Prepare a square mold with oil and parchment paper.
- Measure Flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk it till mixed.
- In another bowl, using a whisk, beat sugar and oil till mixed.
- Whisk in Eggs.
- Add Ossoro's Honey Dew Essence and mix it.
- Add in the flour mix and milk alternatively by starting and ending with flour.
- Scrape the sides of bowl and give it a mix.
- Pour in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-30 min until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
To Prepare the soaking syrup:
- Boil Water and sugar for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in essence.
- When the cake is cooled, remove it from pan.
- Place in a pan and poke the cake.
- Pour 3/4 th soaking syrup slowly, so that cake can absorb.
- Check if its the cake can absorb more to add the remaining.
- Heat the Jam in a sauce pan to spread on top of cake.
- Using a spatula spread it on top and add desiccated coconut.
- This Honey Cake is more delicious when its served next day!
You can bring the whole bakery to your kitchen. This Indian bakery style honey cake is just an example of it. Stay tuned for more such blogs where you can replicate the exact recipes of your favorite bakeries!