Jam filled Black Currant Cupcakes has a soft inside and to make it more sweet they are filled with berry jam. Jam is an easy fill option and its loved by all kids. And of course my kid loved it.
Jam filled Black currant cupcakes
I used the black currant crush to make these beauties. I just love the color of these cupcakes, its super purple. You can top it with buttercream or whipped cream, I used buttercream here.
Check out my other Cake Recipes
Black Currant Cupcakes filled with jam
- 155 g (1 1/4 cup) Flour / Maida
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg (separated)
- 100 g Butter
- 150 g Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 120 ml Milk
- 3 tbsp Black currant Crush (i used store bought)
- 1/2 Cup Berry Jam to fill the cupcakes
- 1/2 Cup Vanilla Buttercream
- Line the Cupcake liners in the cupcake tray. This makes 12 medium cupcakes.
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Place all the ingredients in the work table.
- Measure and sift the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Using an electric beater, beat the egg whites till soft peaks and reserve.
- Beat the butter and sugar till creamy and the yolk.
- Beat it along with vanilla extract and blackcurrant crush just till incorporated.
- Add Flour and milk alternatively starting and ending with flour.
- Add in the beaten egg whites and fold it gently.
- Pour in cupcake liners and bake for 12 to 15 min or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely. Meanwhile fill a piping bag with jam.
- Using a round nozzle take out some the cake from the center and fill it with jam.
- Top it with buttercream and sprinkles.