Chocolate is my favorite flavor for lifetime! So I try new Chocolate flavors and that’s how I came out with this Masala Chocolate Pear Cake!
Pears are in season and so I wanted to try Chocolate and pears. After doing few research for recipes, came up with this Masala Chocolate Pear Cake.
I have used few drops of Masala Chai Essence to make it so aromatic. Guess where you get this flavor? I know you might have guessed it right! Yes! its from Ossoro, my baking Partner! If you wanna buy this flavor, click here.
One more special thing about this recipe, it made of Whole Wheat and no Maida. It has Chocolate, pear, no maida, no white sugar and what else do you need?? Add this recipe to your bookmark now and don’t forget to try this healthy pear cake.
Since its chocolate, kids gonna love this. You can even make this a day before for a healthy and satisfying breakfast for the next day.
Tips to remember:
- You can try this cake without pear, with just Masala Chocolate flavor.
- Make in small quantities if using pear, fresh fruits in cake usually gets spoiled soon. With the pear, it be good for 2 days if refrigerated.
- You can alternatively use melted coconut oil in place of regular oil, to make it more healthy.
Check out my other healthy bakes below:
If you bake this cake, do tag me on Instagram or Facebook with #bittybakes . Check my page @bakewithbittybakes . Special Events are coming up for this Christmas, so stay tuned and get notified at your inbox!
Masala Chocolate Pear Cake
- 180 g (1 + 1/2 cup) Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 + 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- pinch of Salt
- 1/2 + 1/4 cup Oil
- 200 g (1 + 1/2 cup) Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs (or 1/2 yogurt)
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 3 drops Ossoro's Masala Chai Essence
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Vanilla Bourbon Essence
- 3 Fresh Pears
- Preheat the oven to 200 C for 10 minutes. Prepare 3 - 4"pans or loaf pan with oil and butter paper.
- Measure and whisk Flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking Soda and salt.
- Peal skin off from the Pears, leave the stem on.
- In another bowl, whisk oil and sugar till mixed.
- Add in Eggs and mix.
- Fold in Flour mix and milk alternatively, just till mixed.
- Place the pears in the middle of the pans and then pour the batter slowly.
- Level it and then Bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve hot or reserve in fridge for next breakfast!