What’s the one thing that you are concerned about when you are having bakes? Of course, like everyone else calories, cholesterol, gluten and sugar content is what I personally worry about. Now worry not about your bakes because Millet slice and bake cookies is one of the bakes that you can have without any worry. In fact, you will be indeed happy to have this because you know millet are healthy than anything else.
Health Benefits of Millets:
Millet are slowly coming back into fashion as health consciousness in folks are increasing. Want to get all the health benefits with rich fiber content? Try millet! Millet helps us in providing copper, magnesium, calcium, iron, Vitamin C, K, B6 and E. That’s have a lot of nutrients right? The best part is, it is gluten free. If you want to know what is gluten and the benefits of gluten-free products, click here.
When my son was a baby, I used to give him millet because of its nutritional benefits. I remembered that recently when I was thinking of what to bake next. As I am now more focused on healthy bakes, thought of making Millet slice and bake. Millet can replace the complete benefits of rice and other grains. I wouldn’t be more right if I said this generation missed growing up on millet. So, no wasting time now. As we have already missed out on its nutrients, it’s now time to get the benefits of it as much as possible.
If you have not been introduced to the world of millet, let me tell you that you are missing out on something amazing. There is a whole lot of unique tasty recipes out there waiting for you. Delay not and let us get into the recipe of this delicious Millet Slice and bake.
Few of my Millet Recipe Ideas:
If you make any of my recipe, just tag me on Instagram or Facebook with #bittybakes and follow me @bakewithbittybakes
Millet Bake and Sice Cookies
- 125 g (1/2 cup + 2 tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 100 g (1/3 + 1/3 cup) Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Millet Flour
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
For Topping: (optional)
- 2 tbsp Chopped Pistachio
- 2 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
- 2 tbsp Chopped Cashews
- Measure Flours, salt, Baking powder and whisk it.
- Using an electric beater, beat Butter till Creamy.
- Add in the Brown Sugar and beat till smooth.
- Add Egg and Essence, beat till incorporated.
- Mix and beat in the dry mix.
- Divide the dough into half and add cocoa powder to one and mix well.
- Put it each in separate cling wrap and form cylinders.
- Refrigerate for atleast 4 hours to get the dough firm enough to slice.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C for 10 minutes. Prepare the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Once firm, slice the cookies and dip sides in the nuts or coconut if using.
- Place the cookies in the baking tray and bake until the sides are slightly golden brown.
- Cool and store in air tight container.
The recipe looks good right? It is equally wholesome! Try it out and let me know how you like it.