Cheesecake – the dessert that could make anyone drool over. I don’t think there is any dessert lover who doesn’t love a good Cheesecake. So, here’s my version – Mini Saffron Cheesecake! I did a slight modification and added an Indian touch to make this cheesecake look like an Indian sweet. Interesting? Go ahead and read the complete blog.
Mini Saffron Cheesecake
For the longest time, I remember thinking Cheesecake was the dessert of rich people. Haha now that I think of it, it seems so funny. Maybe I thought of it like that because it’s a foreign dessert and always costs higher than any other desserts. The rich taste of it makes me feel like saying ‘Your highness!’. Anyway, I finally got a chance to try it and what can I say? It was worth all the wait and words failed me in describing the scrumptious taste of it.
Cheesecake is one dessert that took me so long to learn. I’ve failed multiple times to get that Cheesecake perfection that I have today. The recipe always seemed simple but no, it was not an easy process. Now that I got a hang of Cheesecake, I thought why not make my own version of it? Cheesecake with saffron sounded delicious in my head and I immediately put into action and made this delicious Mini Saffron Cheesecake. It turned out great to my surprise.
Have you noticed that most of the Indian sweets have saffron in it? Yes, when I was thinking of how I could make this Cheesecake the Indian version, the first thing that came to my mind was saffron. A lot of elders at home usually prefer Indian sweets rather than any other foreign dessert recipes, and this is a perfect recipe for them. So, try this Mini Saffron Cheesecake at home and spread love through your dessert. Happy baking!
Here are the other Cheesecake recipes that you would love :
If you are on Instagram, just check me @bakewithbittybakes.
Mini Saffron Cheesecake
- 1 pack Salt Biscuits
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 tsp Saffron (around 2 grams)
- 2 tbsp Hot Milk
- 200 g Cream Cheese
- 100 g Kova/Mawa
- 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Whipped Cream
- Add salt biscuits, sugar and melted butter into a mixer jar and pulse it to crumbs.
- The base will be ready. Press it in the cupcake liners and freeze it till the filling is made.
- Now take a small bowl, add Hot Milk and add a pinch of saffron. Let it infuse.
- In the other bowl, add cream cheese and beat it till creamy.
- Add in kova and beat it again until it is properly mixed with the cream cheese.
- Add in the powdered sugar and give a nice mix.
- Fold in whipped cream gently till everything combines well.
- To that add in the infused saffron milk and fold gently.
- Fill this into the prepared base and top it with some pistachios and saffron.
- Chill it for 2 hours and it will be ready to serve.