This Molten Chocolate Lava Cake is so decadent!
Ever since my college days, I am a big fan of this Molten Chocolate Lava Cake. That was the first time I heard of it and I got to taste it once when we went for outing.
My friends and I go out to our nearby city especially to eat something delicious. Those were my golden days, we keep saving some money for outing. We usually have some spicy chicken and will finish it up with this decadent Chocolate Lava Cake.
We all wonder!. How is there a chocolate lava inside the cooked cake. Till I first made it myself, back in 2013 I believe, I didn’t know that lava is just the uncooked inside!.
I fall in love with it every time I taste it. But, this time it was a bust in mouth feel with Ossoro’s Black Forest Extract!. The cake just smelled and tasted like Black Forest. It has that deep and dark chocolate flavor.
Do check my previous posts using Ossoro Extracts:
Points to remember:
- You can also bake it in cupcake tray.
- If you have extra batter, you can cling wrap it and put it in fridge for up to 4 days. Bring to room temperature before baking it.
- If the cake is cooled completely, you will not get the lava inside. So serve it while its still hot.
You can follow in Instagram @bakewithbittybakes.
Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
- 30 g (1/4 cup) All purpose Flour/ Maida
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 70 g (5 tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 50 g (1/4 cup) Castor Sugar
- 113 g Dark or Semi sweet Chocolate
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Black Forest Essence
- Preheat the oven to 200 C for 10 min. Prepare Ramekins by applying butter and dust it with some sugar for a crunchy layer.
- Melt the Chocolate and Butter over double boil.
- Once melted add flour to it and mix it without lumps.
- In another bowl, whisk Eggs, yolks and sugar.
- Mix well till combined.
- Add in the Chocolate mix. Whisk till incorporated.
- Pour it in the prepared ramekins.
- Bake it around 8-12 min. Top of it should still jiggle a bit, while its done.
- So that the inside remains chocolatey lava.
- Let cool for 3-4 minutes and run a knife through the edges.
- Turn it to a plate and tap on the ramekins. dust the cake with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately with some fresh fruits.