The much awaited Newyork style Vanilla Cheesecake recipe is here. Many of you have been asking me to share the cheesecake recipe. So, that is finally here. This is the last recipe of the year that I am going to publish. So, wanted to make this a special one. Hence, I chose cheesecake. Cheesecakes are the best. But, all the cheesecakes cannot be the best. Cheesecakes are one of the complicated desserts and many of the bakers find it very hard to bake a perfect cheesecake. I read somewhere that if a baker can bake a perfect cheesecake, then everything else is cake walk for him/her.
In this blog, I have shared New York style cheesecake which has creamy smooth texture to it. Cheesecake was first made in Greece. But, the York Style cheesecake which is also called American cheesecake was accidentally invented by William Lawrence. Why I mentioned accidentally is that, he wanted to recreate Neufchatel which is a soft French Cheese. But, it turned out to be cheesecake!
Cheesecake factory makes around $11 million per year. Just in case you didn’t know, there are other styles of cheesecakes as well. Asian, Australian, Dutch, Asian are some of the popular ones. Amongst all the styles, New York style cheesecake is the most popular one and the best cheesecake is also made in New York. So, when you visit New York, you know what shouldn’t be missed! If you have no plans of visiting New York in the near future, then this Vanilla Cheesecake recipe is for you. If you can’t go to New York, Bring New York here. So make this and Enjoy!!
You may also like:
Here I have used Ossoro’s Vanilla Madagascar flavor. As I use Ossoro in each and every desserts. I always try to make with best ingredients. So tried to make Cream cheese and Sour cream. Its just easy to make, but you have to plan ahead.
Homemade Cream Cheese:
Two steps to make Cream Cheese, First is to make Paneer and then cream cheese.
Ingredients to make Paneer/cottage cheese:
- Full Fat Milk – 1 liter
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
Ingredients to make Cream cheese:
- Paneer – 200 g
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Make paneer by adding lemon juice to boiled milk. Close it with a lid and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Strain it in a muslin cloth and leave for 1 hour.
- Take this paneer and curd in a mixer grinder.
- Pulse it till everything is mixed and smooth.
- Line a muslin cloth in a sieve and pour the cream cheese in it.
- Place it in a bowl and let it strain for at least 48 hours in fridge.
- After 48 hours you can remove from the cloth and store in air tight container in fridge for up to 2 weeks.
To make Sour Cream:
- Full fat cream – 1/2 cup
- Buttermilk – 1/4 cup
- Mix both in a glass jar. Shake well.
- Let it sit for at least 24 hours to 2 days to make it sour.
Hope you enjoy these Recipes!!
Newyork style Vanilla Cheesecake
- 200 g Cream cheese room temperature
- 60 g (1/3 cup) Sugar
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream room temperature
- 1 tsp Ossoro's Madagascar Vanilla Essence
- 1 Egg
- 12-15 Biscuits/Graham Crackers
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Sugar
To make crust:
- In a mixer, add biscuits, butter and sugar.
- Pulse it to make crumbs.
- Preheat oven to 180 C for 10 minutes.
- In a spring foam pan, press the crumbs.
- Crumbs should be tightly packed, so press firmly using a flat bowl or measuring cup.
- If you want you can extend it to sides.
- Bake it for 5-8 minutes until its golden brown.
To make the filling:
- Using an electric beater, beat the cream cheese just for 5 seconds.
- Add in sugar and beat till smooth for 2 minutes.
- Add in sour cream and Ossoro's Madagascar Vanilla Essence.
- Mix till combined.
- On medium speed, add in egg and beat till incorporated. Avoid over beating.
- Cover the pan with aluminium foil, so that the water doesn't get in.
- Pour the filling and smooth the top.
- In a big pan or tray, place some hot boiling water for at least 1 inch height.
- Now place the filled cheesecake pan at the center of this tray with water bath.
- Bake in oven for 60-90 minutes until the top is slightly colored.
- Once baked, crack open the oven door slightly.
- So the baked cheesecake is not affected by sudden temperature changes.
- Let it come to room temperature.
- Remove from the water bath. Chill the cheesecake for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove Cheesecake from the pan.
- Serve with Strawberry Compote.
End 2019 with this Vanilla Cheesecake. For all the lessons and blessings that we have received in 2019 and for all the achievements that we have made, we deserve the best cheesecake. Isn’t it? Try this cheesecake at home and let me know how was it. Happy Advance New Year to you all! Party hard!
Check out the other bloggers doing this Bake-a-thon 2019