In this quarantine lifestyle, being in my home town without oven, I am find a way to bake without oven! So here I am with yet another No-oven bake – Its No-oven Pizza recipe!
Everyone at home and kids are so badly bored inside. Try involving kids while making the dough and they will definitely love working with us and then indulge in a cheese burst homemade pizza. I have tried thin crust Pizza long back in oven, but I felt it was too thin. Now I have made regular crust pizza loaded with cheese.
I was actually worried if I could find mozzarella cheese during this time. But I was lucky to find cheese and paneer at our near by store. If you couldn’t find one, feel free to use whatever other veggies that are available to you. I have also used homemade pizza sauce.
To make Pizza Sauce:
- Boil 2 tomato, 1 onion, 3 clove garlic, 3 whole red chilli in 1 cup water for 5 minutes.
- Once they are cooled, remove skin for tomato and grind it all together, discard the remaining water.
- Heat a pan, add oil, tomato paste and let it come to boil, add 1/2 tsp oregano and salt as required.
- Let it boil until thick for about 5 minutes.
- Pizza sauce is ready! Store in air tight container for up to a week.
- This recipe will yield 3/4 cup of sauce.
No-Oven Pizza Recipe
- 260 g (2 cups) All purpose Flour / Maida
- 1/4 cup Warm Water plus more for kneading
- 2 1/2 tsp Active Dry Yeast (slightly bigger granules)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Oil
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Favorite Veggies (I used capsicum, paneer, onion)
- 3/4 cup Cheese Shreds
- 1/4 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes
- Tomato Sauce to serve
To Activate Yeast:
- Add warm water and sugar, mix well.
- Add in yeast and give it a mix. (I am using active dry yeast, which are like slightly bigger granules. If you are using instant dry yeast, which are very fine, use only 1 1/2 tsp)
- Cover and let it sit for 5-8 minutes.
- Now it will frothy. (If not, then either the yeast is dead or water is too cold/hot. Start from first or use fresh yeast)
To make the dough:
- In another bowl, mix flour and salt.
- Add in activated yeast. Mix well.
- Now add more water 1 tbsp at a time and make a dough.
- Dough should not be so sticky nor firm. It should be in middle.
- Dust the work surface with some flour and start kneading.
- Knead for at least 15 minutes.
- Apply some oil to the bowl and to the dough.
- Cover the bowl with a damn cloth and put in a warm place for 1 1/2 hours.
- It will be double in size by then, now punch back and knead for a minute.
- Dust a pizza plate or any flat plate with some flour.
- Preheat the stove top oven setup - A kadai with a stand and lid to cover.
- Roll the dough in the plate.
- Top it with pizza sauce and veggies.
- On top of it, add cheese.
- Bake in preheated stove top oven for 15-20 min at low flame. (if in oven, bake at 180 C, for 15 minutes)
- Once baked, cut it with a knife, top it with chilli flakes and oregano.
- Serve with Tomato Sauce!