Have you ever felt that brownies are too chocolaty? One Bowl Cherry Brownie is unique and you don’t have to worry about too much of chocolate. Too much is too bad – we keep hearing this throughout our life. Too much of chocolate is too bad – said no one. But, few people do not like the strong flavour of chocolate when it comes to baking.
I have already talked about how cherry is helpful to keep us healthy in my recent Cherry in Red Wine Syrup recipe. But, do you know the history of ‘Cherry on top’? I do not know either. But, I bet most of you do not know why we use cherry on top of the cake. Right? Let me tell you that cherry on top symbolizes that the occasion is special and the day is to be remembered. Technically, Cherry is equal to special. Now, you think about the one bowl cherry brownie! How special can it get?
Check my other brownie recipes:
Do you remember about that friend who had a recent breakup or a fight with her husband and came back to you ranting all about it? Well, my answer when someone is depressed in life is giving them brownies. I have seen depressed people ending up eating too many brownies. I have done that too when I am stressed. So, along with cherries, brownie is other heart warming bake that makes life go much smoother. When cherries are combined with brownie and form one bowl cherry brownie, the taste and the mood boosts up. Especially for kids since their love for cherry is never ending. Do you remember about the kids delight event with the theme of birthday party treats? This recipe can add a glow to the party without doubt. So, without the delay let us dive into the recipe.
Use #bittybakes and tag me @bakewithbittybakes if you try any of my recipes, Facebook and Instagram!
Follow me on Instagram @bakewithbittybakes
One Bowl Cherry Brownie
- 113 g (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 113 g Dark Chocolate
- 270 g (1 + 1/2cup) Castor Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 195 g (1 + 1/2 cup) All purpose Flour / Maida
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Pitted Fresh Cherries
- Preheat oven to 200 C for 10 minutes. Prepare a square pan with oil/butter and parchment paper.
- Melt Chocolate and butter over double boil.
- Once melted, remove from heat and add sugar.
- Let it cool down a bit.
- Whisk in the Eggs one at a time.
- Whisk in Cocoa powder and salt.
- Add Flour and Baking Powder and mix it well.
- Top it with cherries.
- Bake for 20-30 min until the skin is formed and toothpick inserted comes out clean.