One Bowl Eggless Saffron Cake is yet another effortless cake with rich flavor!
If you are knowing me for a while now, I usually try to make cakes so flavorful. So I tend to do some researches on flavors and come out with unique combos. But this ain’t any unique combo, just one flavor made perfect!
Saffron is an interesting spice I would say. Let’s know how you get these small beauties. Its derived from the flower Crocus Sativus, also called Saffron Crocus. The Stigma and styles are collected and dried for us to use. For many years I didn’t know it’s the stigma, randomly thought it as another flower 🙂
Now enough of history, back to One bowl Eggless Saffron Cake. I have tried many Saffron Essence before to get that perfect flavor, but I wasn’t satisfied with the infused flavors in cake.
But finally my baking partner didn’t let me down. Yes!!, I am so satisfied with the outcome of using Ossoro’s Saffron Flavor. I really mean it!! So definitely try out Ossoro’s aromatic long range of flavors!
If you try out this recipe, do tag me on Instagram or Facebook with @bakewithbittybakes and use #bittybakes.
Check out my other Eggless Bakes:
Eggless Saffron Cake
- 260 g (2 cups) All Purpose Flour/ Maida
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 45 g (1/4 cup) Castor Sugar
- 170 g (1/2 + 1/4 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Ossoro's Saffron Flavor
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
For Whipping Cream:
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp Icing Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Saffron Flavor
- Preheat the oven to 200 C for 10 minutes. Prepare a 7" round pan with oil/butter and parchment paper.
- Using a whisk, beat butter, condensed milk and sugar till creamy.
- Add in Ossoro's Saffron Flavor.
- Mix in buttermilk, Flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Don't over mix, just combine it.
- Pour in prepared pan, and bake for 35-40 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once baked, let it cool.
To make Cream:
- Whip the cream with sugar and flavor till stiff peaks.
- Add a little bit of yellow color if needed.
- Apply it on cooled cake.