One Raise Easy Cinnamon Roll with sugar glaze, as the name states its really easy to make. One raise just for 90 minutes! Yes its so easy. Its a Classic cinnamon roll that a beginner home baker can easily understand.
Its so soft and kicked up with cinnamon. You can adjust the cinnamon according to your choice. This recipe is adapted from sallysbakingaddiction I have been following her blog for long, her recipes never fails.
You can serve cinnamon roll hot with sugar glaze or coffee glaze if you are a coffee lover. Just make coffee and add 2 to 3 tbsp instead of water to make coffee glaze. That’s a nice way to serve coffee instead of coffee as drink. You can make it as breakfast cinnamon roll.
One Raise Easy Cinnamon Roll
- 2 3/4 Cup (345g) All Purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp Granulate Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Intant Yeast
- 1/2 Cup (120ml) Water
- 1/4 Cup (60ml) Milk
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2-3 tbsp Water
To make the Dough:
- In a large bowl, mix 2 and 1/4 cup of flour, sugar, salt and yeast. Reserve 1/2 Cup of Flour for later use.
- In a sauce pan, heat water, milk and butter until melted and hot to touch. Heat to correct temperature, if its not hot enough the yeast will not get activated. Touch the liquid and count to 5, if you can hold it then its the right temperature.
- Stir the milk mixture in to the flour, give it a mix and add egg.
- As you mix, slowly add the remaining flour 1/3 cup at a time. Stop adding the flour when the dough is no more sticky and pulls away from the bowl. Now get ready to with your hands.
- Start kneading the dough, place the dough in your work surface and knead for 5 min. Place in a greased bowl and let it rest for about 10 min.
- After 10 min, roll it in a rectangle 1/4" thickness. Spread the softened butter on top.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle it on top the dough. Roll the dough tightly. Cut into 2" thickness and place in a greased round pan.
- Loosely cover the rolls with aluminium foil and allow to rise in a warm place for 60-90 min.
- If you are in a cold city, you can heat the oven to 100 c for 5 min and then turn off. Allow to rise undisturbed.
- After the rolls are doubled in size, preheat oven to 180 C. Bake for 25-30 min until lightly browned. Cover it with aluminium foil after 15 min, if you feel its browned a lot.
- Mix all the glazing ingredients and its ready.
- Serve hot with glaze