Cinnamon Rolls are an easy breakfast, that can be prepared ahead of time. And this one raise easy eggless cinnamon orange roll recipe is so easy and it just takes 90 minutes to prepare.
This Recipe is a twist in the regular Cinnamon Roll and it’s also eggless. You can check my Classic Cinnamon Roll, if you prefer with Egg.
This Braided Cinnamon Roll has Zest of one Orange, added to the dough while mixing and drizzled with orange glaze. You can also make this recipe without Orange for Classic Eggless Cinnamon Roll. Follow the same procedure, just skip orange zest in the dough and use regular sugar drizzle instead of orange drizzle.
After kneading for 15 min, allowed to rest for 10 min. Then Rolled to required shape and allowed to raise for 50 min.
Orange drizzle really lift up the flavor of Orange. Serve it, when it’s still warm with a cup of coffee.
This recipe is slightly adapted from Gayathri’s cookspot blog. Her blog is loaded mainly with eggless cake recipes.
One Raise Easy Eggless Cinnamon Orange Roll Recipe
For Making Dough:
- 90 g (1/2 cup) Castor Sugar (run your regular sugar in mixer grinder for a min)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 75 g (1/3 cup) Butter
- 1/4 cup Curd
- A pinch Baking Soda
- 455 g (3 + 1/2 cup) All purpose Flour/Maida
- 2 + 1/4 tsp Instant Yeast
- 250 ml (1 cup) Milk
- 1 Orange Zest
- 1/2 cup Sugar (can use brown sugar also)
- 1+1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 4 tbsp Butter
For Orange Drizzle:
- 1/2 Cup Icicng / Confectioners Sugar
- 2 tbsp Orange Juice (more if its too thick)
Mixing the Dough:
- In a sauce pan, heat milk and butter until melted and hot to touch. Heat to correct temperature, if its not hot enough the yeast will not get activated. Touch the liquid and count to 5, if you can hold it then its the right temperature.
- Mix Curd and Baking Soda separately in a bowl.
- Measure all the other ingredients in a large bowl (reserve 1/4 cup of flour) and give it a mix.
- Pour the hot liquid into the dry and mix it with a wooden spatula. Now add in curd mix and add to dough.
- After its mixed, start kneading the dough in a floured work surface by adding the 1/4 cup flour.
- Knead it for 15 min. While kneading if it feels so sticky add more flour 2 tbsp at a time.
- Rest it in a greased bowl for 10 min. Close the bowl using cling wrap or just a damn towel.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon for filling.
- After 10 min, roll the dough and and spread butter.
- Then spread sugar and cinnamon mix.
- Roll the dough and cut into equal half.
- Now make the braided loaf as show in the pic. I forgot to take mine, so here is a pic from net (salad in a jar). You can make it round or just leave straight as a loaf.
- Now allow it to raise the dough for 50-60 min. Till its double in size.
- Just before you bake, add more cinnamon sugar if you like. Mine had very less cinnamon sugar, since my son likes it so.
- After its fully raised, Bake it for 20-30 min, until its golden yellow.
For Orange Drizzle:
- Mix the ingredients with no lumps and all the sugar dissolves. If not enough juice add more to make it drizzle.
- Serve it hot with the Orange glaze.