Let’s make some fun!! This Orange Candy Cupcake with Candy Sauce calls for a Party.
Candy!! As you all know these are made from sugar as main ingredient. Different fruit flavors are infused to make these. This recipe is slightly adapted from a vanilla cake recipe from sallys baking addiction blog. Her recipes are so clear and she explains each and every step. She is such an inspiration to me.
Few decades back, that’s before we got familiar with Cocoa Beans, these candies were very popular.
When I was in my Matriculation School, I get these Orange Candies with my packet money. Me and my friend used to munch it during the class hours, when we feel sleepy. It just melts in my mouth.
So getting back to childhood with this Orange Candy in Cupcakes. I topped it on the cupcakes and also made a candy sauce with it.
For the Orange Candy Sauce, I melted the candies in water and boiled it. Added Butter and Heavy Cream to make it creamy to a thick consistency.
If you fold in candies to the Batter, it will settle down at the bottom. So just top the batter with candies. It will melt into the cake when its baked.
Check out my other party recipes,
Orange Candy Cupcake with Candy Sauce
- 130 g (1 cup) All Purpose Flour/ Maida
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- a pinch Baking Soda
- a pinch Salt
- 1 Egg
- 80 g (1/3 cup) Butter
- 180 g (1 cup) Castor Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 140 ml (1/2 + 1/3 cup) Milk
- 3/4 cup Chrushed Orange Candy
- 1 cup Whipped Cream for topping
For Candy Sauce:
- 5 Orange Candies
- 1/3 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- Preheat oven to 200 C for 10 min. Line the paper cups in the cupcake tray.
- In a bowl, whisk in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda and reserve.
- Separate the Egg whites and place it in a grease free bowl.
- Using an electric beater, beat the egg whites till soft peaks and reserve.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter till pale color.
- Add in sugar, beat till creamy.
- Mix in the Egg Yolk and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and milk alternatively starting and ending with flour.
- Slowly fold in the egg whites just till mixed. Don’t over mix.
- Fill the liners with the batter. Top it with 1/2 cup of Crushed Orange Candies.
- Bake for 12-15 min or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let it cool completely before frosting.
For Candy Sauce:
- Let the Orange Candies melt in the water.
- Let it boil for 5 min. Add in the butter and Heavy Cream.
- Boil it till smooth and creamy for about 5 min. Let it cool down completely.
Decorating the cupcakes:
- Mix the remaining 1/4 cup of crushed candies to the whipped cream.
- Fill it in the piping bag with round nozzle and decorate the cupcakes.
- Top it with Candy sauce and serve.