This Orange chocolate cake with Chocolate cream cheese frosting is ethereal!
With the mention of the word orange I am transported to my childhood days when a chocolate was available , round and orange in flavour. It was so yummy and even though we do get chocolates with orange like that, that remains closest to my heart. Maybe it isn’t as much as the chocolate, as much as the memories that comes along with it. Precious!
Anyways, I think chocolate and orange are perfect together. My relation from the states, got me a chocolate that was shaped like an orange. It was very extricate down to the texture of an orange and the partitions. That was the first time I had chocolate with a hint of orange on it and I fell in love with it.
So, I wanted to make this cake and get the same taste if possible. And, it was a lot of trial and errors before I mastered this. Firstly I realised, just the orange juice alone won’t get me there. So I added in orange zest too. It was an improvement but barely so. But, with the addition of Ossoro’s Brazilian orange essence it just took the cake to the next level with aroma and taste!. I hope you give this a try and let me know how it turned out for you. If you are as madly in love with chocolate and orange as I am, then you will love it!. Even if it is not your first love, you will still love it!!
Check my other Chocolate Recipes:
If you try my Recipes, just tag #bittybakes. You can also follow me on Instagram @bakewithbittybakes .
Orange Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Cream Frosting
- 160 g (1 + 1/4 cup) All Purpose Flour/Maida
- 135 g (1/2 + 1/4 cup ) Castor Sugar
- 40 g (1/4 cup ) Brown Sugar
- 40 g (1/2 + 1/8 cup ) Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Hot Water
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- zest of 1 Orange
- 1 tsp Ossoro's Brazilian Orange Essence
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 112 g Cream Cheese
- 60 g (1/4 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 1 + 1/2 cup Icing Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Brazilian Orange Essence
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder (or more)
- Preheat the oven to 200 C for 10 min. Prepare a 7" round pan by applying oil/butter to the bottom and sides of the pan. Place a round parchment paper.
- Measure the dry ingredients in a bowl and reserve.
- Measure Oil and sugar in another bowl and give it a whisk.
- Add Eggs and mix.
- Mix in the warm water, orange juice, zest and Ossoro's Brazilian Orange Essence.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet.
- Using a whisk, mix well.
- Pour it to prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Using an electric beater, mix butter and cream cheese till smooth.
- Add in sifted Icing Sugar, Cocoa powder, Brazilian Orange Essence and salt.
- Beat till creamy, you can add 1 tbsp water if cream is too thick.
- Refrigerate until use.
- Once cake is completely cooled, apply the cream.
- Serve it right away!
7 thoughts on “Orange Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Cream cheese Frosting”
This looks so good. Would love to bake one. Can you please tell me substitute for buttermilk? Or is it home made buttermilk?
homemade buttermilk is good enough to use. you can also make instant buttermilk by mixing 1 tsp vinegar to 1 cup milk.
How much is 1/2 and 1/4th cup ?
1/2 cup – 125ml & 1/4 cup-60ml, you can also check my measurements page to see more detailed meeasures. https://bittybakes.com/measuring-four-grams-to-cup-measurement/
Hi, egg substitute pls
1/4 cup curd in place of 1 egg
you can use this https://bittybakes.com/vegan-egg-flax-egg/
Comments are closed.