This Overloaded hazelnut chocolate squares is to die for!!!
I loooveee hazelnut so much!. I have the syrup with coffee, I have cereal with hazelnut. I am so crazy about it. And, the cherry on top is the Nutella . Delicious delicious and so yummy!!. Chocolate and hazelnut are a match made in heaven.
I made these squares topped with hazelnuts and dark chocolate ganache. You can reduce the Belgian Chocolate Powder to adjust to your taste. I would sometimes replace the dark chocolate with Nutella and that tastes yum too. So, you can do both ways.
But with the cake , the chocolate flavour overtakes the hazelnut. So, I used Ossoro’s hazelnut essence to bring it out and it worked wonders. You should try this cake and you let me know how it turned out for you!.
Tag me if you try this Overloaded Hazelnut Chocolate Squares Recipe in Instagram and Facebook using #bittybakes.
There is a Bake Challenge going on Instagram, Easy and no tools Recipe that you can also Bake in Cooker!! Check the rules and Recipe in my Instagram Challenge. This weeks Challenge is Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies!!
Overloaded Hazelnut Chocolate Squares
- 113 g (1/2 cup) Melted Butter
- 60 g (1/3 cup) Castor Sugar
- 80 g (1/2 cup) Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Hazelnut Prime Essense
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 65 g (1/2 cup) All purpose Flour/ Maida
- 1/2 c Ossoro's Belgian Chocolate Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Ganache
- 10 Cherries (for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 200 C for 10 min. Prepare a square pan with Butter Paper.
- Using a whisk, Mix Melted Butter and Sugars.
- Add in Eggs and Ossoro's Hazelnut Prime Essence. Mix Well.
- Add in Flour, Ossoro's Belgian Chocolate Powder and Salt.
- Mix till incorporated.
- Pour it in prepared pan and top it with chopped hazelnuts.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool down completely.
- Top it with Ganache and cherries.