Paal / Milk Cake is a famous South Indian dessert, it can be made for special occasions and served at parties.
Are you bored of making regular Gulab jamuns for special occasions, Then this dessert is for you. They are so juicy and soft. It has melt in the mouth texture, the steps are very quick and easy.
The dessert is egg free and the creamy goodness from Yudelo Creamy Milk flavor just elevates the dessert. Check out their flavors here.
And not to forget the subtly sweet cardamom and rose infused jaggery syrup poured over the fried paal/milk cake when they are still warm.
Am sure you can visualize the beautiful and delicious dessert. You can alternate the maida with wheat flour, if you are thinking of a healthy version.
So why waiting ??? Just grab the recipe and get making!
If you are on Instagram , DM me at bakewithbittybakes. To get updates on Food Styling and Photography workshops subscribe to my mailing list to get all updates!!
Paal / Milk Cake
- 1 cup Milk Powder
- 1 1/2 cup All Purpose flour/ maida
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tsp Yudelo Creamy Milk Flavor
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 cup milk (preferably warm)
- 1 1/2 cup Palm Jaggery
- 2 Whole Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Yudelo Rose Flavor
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 2 cups Oil (for deep frying)
- Add the milk powder and maida into a kneading bowl.
- Add in the baking powder, cardamom powder.
- Combine all the ingredients well.
- Mix milk, ghee and Yudelo Creamy Milk Flavor in another bowl.
- Form a smooth dough by adding it to the dry mix. Just add the milk as needed.
- Knead for 5 mins and rest the dough.
- Spread the dough on a plate greased with ghee and cut into rectangles.
- Deep fry the cakes.
- Boil the water in a sauce pan.
- Add the jaggery and whole cardamom.
- Add 1/2 tsp of Yudelo Rose Flavor.
- Boil until one string consistency.
- Pour the warm syrup over the fried cakes and soak for 3 hours.