Paleo Granola is a gluten free granola with coconut as its main flavor. Always people use Oats as main ingredient, but for a change i used coconut. Look here to know more about low carb recipes.
Granola is often taken as breakfast with a glass of milk. Usually it has rolled oats, almonds and honey. Various types of currants and other nuts are also added.
In India, we would always have deep fried spicy mixture as snack, that’s made of omapodi, boondhi, poha, nuts and some raisins. Since when I started paleo, I missed this snack. So I thought of making healthy and yummy, So here is the my baked savory paleo granola. It can even be made sweet, by adding 2 tbsp of sugar instead of spices.
Here I used coconut as main flavor. Used almonds and walnut, flax seed and melon seeds. It is totally your choice to make a different flavor or add some other nuts and seeds, it’s based on your taste.
Savory Paleo Granola
- 250 g Coconut Sherds
- 50 g Almonds
- 50 g Flax seed
- 75 g Walnut
- 50 g Sunflower seeds
- 50 g Melon seeds
- 50 g Coconut oil
- 2 tsp Chilli powder
- 2 1/2 tsp Salt
- In a large bowl, measure all the nuts and seeds along with coconut. Here I used freshly grated coconut. Store bought ones can also be used.
- Add coconut oil. Mix through until everything is well coated.
- Bake it for 15-20 min or until coconut is light brown. Give a mix for every 4 min since it gets burnt too quickly.
- Mix the chilli powder and salt after baking when it is still hot.
- Healthy, Yummy, chrunchy and spicy granola is ready. Store it in an air tight container for a week.
According to your flavor you can adjust the spice. You can add a pinch of cinnamon and pepper. Its totally your choice to add the spices and other nuts or seeds. Toddlers will love this snack. Its easy to make and can be stored up to 2 weeks in air tight container. More of my paleo recipes and kids friendly recipes are coming up, so stay tuned.