You guys already know that if I am baking something, it would be preferably healthy. So, this time, what do I have in store for you? It’s Passion Fruit Coconut cake. If you ask me to pick up an exotic fruit for baking, it would be Passion Fruit. Passion fruit is one of the not so famous fruits in India because it originates from southern Brazil and northern Argentina. You can easily get it by visiting any supermarket.
For those who have never seen passion fruit, this seed-filled fruit is juicy on the inside and covered with tough outer rind. It is a tropical fruit but it is also well suited for subtropical climates. Now the question is why is it healthy? Passion fruit is rich in antioxidants, vitamin C and a small amount of iron. I have also used homemade desiccated coconut for this cake. If you are concerned about the health of your eye, you definitely need to have this because it is very good for eyesight. I guess, these reasons are enough for you to make this tempting Passion Fruit coconut Cake.
Few of my Healthy Bakes below:
Don’t you think fruit cakes are one of its kind? They are super delicious and the plus point is, it is healthy. Nowadays, most of my time goes into thinking what healthy ingredient can I pick up to make my baking more nutritious and tempting. One such day I came across this over Internet and really liked the idea and benefits of it which gave me a go to bake Passion Fruit cake.
You guys know that I used Ossoro’s essence for almost all of my bakes. So, for this Passion Fruit Cake I have used Ossoro’s Passion fruit delight which I absolutely loved it. There is one line I usually say about Ossoro’s essence – A single drop and it does the magic. It holds true for every flavor that they have. So, now let us get into the process of how the magic of this dessert happened.
Passion Fruit Coconut Cake
- 150 g (1/2 cup + 2 tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 240 g (1 cup + 1/3 cup) Castor Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 150 g (1 cup + 2 tbsp) All purpose Flour / maida
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 40 g (1/2 cup) Desiccated Coconut
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Passion fruit delight
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 drops Ossoro's Passion fruit delight
- 2 Fresh Passion Fruit (for topping)
- 2 cups Whipped Cream
- Preheat the oven to 200 C for 10 min. Prepare a 5" round pan by applying oil and parchment paper.
- Whisk Flour, coconut and baking powder in a bowl. Reserve it.
- Using an electric beater, beat butter and sugar till creamy.
- Add eggs one at time and mix till incorporated.
- Add Ossoro's Passion fruit delight and mix.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and milk alternatively.
- Pour in pan and bake it for 20-30 min, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Mix sugar and water and boil for 2 minutes.
- Once removed from heat, add ossoro's Passion fruit delight.
- Once cake is cooled, slice it in to half and apply the sugar syrup.
- Top it with whipped cream and fresh passion fruit.
- Layer the other slice and top it with sugar syrup and more cream.
- While serving add more passion fruit!