Passion fruit – mouthwatering? Obviously! Anyone who tastes passion fruit will instantly fall in love with it. And, Passion Fruit Orange Cake – dessert made out of passion fruit and orange sounds even more fun and yum. Ready for today’s recipe?
Passion Fruit Orange Cake
For the longest time I never experimented with any fruits thinking that the unique flavor of the fruit just wouldn’t go as a dessert. But, once I started experimenting and exploring, there’s no looking back. The sweetness, tanginess, sourness – any taste that the fruit has adds some more beauty to the dessert. And, Passion fruit orange cake has to be one of my favorites in such recipes.
If you are also in a lookout for a healthy dessert option, this is a perfect recipe. The blend of whole wheat flour, almond flour, orange zest and passion fruit is truly a party in the mouth. Since it is a healthy recipe, you can also include this in your breakfast to get a perfect kick-start for the day. Delicious, tasty, healthy, energetic – what else do you need for a perfect morning?
You can also add a handful of other dry fruits to this Passion fruit Orange cake to increase the rich taste and for your healthy benefits. By the way, just because I mentioned this as a breakfast recipe, you don’t have to juggle in the morning to prepare it. You can prepare it whenever you have time and savor it for a couple of days.
Evening snacks, breakfast, dessert – this recipe is perfect for every time of the day and every day of the week. After talking so much about it, I’m sure you are eager to know this recipe. So, here it is! Try it out and let me know how this turns out. I will see you again with another great recipe. Till then keep baking!
Here are some more healthy recipes that you would love :
Passion Fruit Orange bundt Cake
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 150 g Butter
- 1/2 + 1/3 cup Castor Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Passion Fruit
- 1 Orange
- 1 tsp Orange Zest
- A Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 C for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, add the dry ingredients like wheat flour, almond flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Whisk properly and set aside.
- In another bowl, add butter and beat till creamy.
- Add in sugar and beat till nicely mixed.
- Now, add eggs one by one and mix again.
- Add in pulp of passion fruit and mix.
- Then fold in the dry ingredients with this nicely.
- Then goes the juice of orange and orange zest and mix everything till nicely combined.
- Prepare a bundt pan by brushing oil and dusting with flour.
- Pour the batter evenly.
- Bake it in oven at 180°C for 30-40 min and the cake will be ready.
- Top with sugar icing.
- Decorate with fruits and nuts if needed.