My love for pista is never ending. Do you love pista too? But, don’t you think the cost of pista is way too high. So, in this blog I will teach you how to make yummy Pistachio Wafer Cookies without using too many pistas. Because I know Pista is hard to resist.
When I was a kid, my pick for ice cream was always butterscotch. Ice cream is equal to butter scotch. That is how I grew up. I had no idea that the other flavors exist. In fact, the only flavors I knew was strawberry, vanilla, butterscotch and chocolate. As I grew up, I was introduced to various flavors of ice cream. Black currant, Pista, avocado, mango, coconut and what not. But, my taste buds like Pista and from then on my pick changed from butterscotch to Pista.
Check out some of my cookie Recipes below:
I started trying various recipes using Pista and Pistachio Wafer cookies turned out to be really good than expected. These crunchy, buttery, tiny cookies are the best snacks for your snack time. I have added tiny chunks of pistas to add to the taste and the look.
In the starting of the blog, I promised you that you will not be using too many pistas. That’s right. I have used Ossoro’s pista milk flavor for the Pistachio Wafers. The flavor is awesome and just right. These cookies wouldn’t have tasted the way it is if I hadn’t used Ossoro’s pista milk flavor. My recipes are complete only when I use Ossoro’s flavors. I have always loved using their flavors. You never fail to impress me Ossoro. Now, lets see what is the procedure to bake these delicious Pista cookies.
Pistachio Wafer Cookies
- 200 g (1 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp) All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 50 g (1/4 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 120 g (1/2 + 1/4 cup) Brown Sugar
- 35 ml Water
- 1/4 cup Chopped Pistachio
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Pistachio Milk Flavor
- Whisk Flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and pistachio.
- In another bowl, add in butter, sugar, water on low heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Add in Ossoro's Pista Milk Flavor.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix well.
- Make a loaf and cling wrap it.
- Keep it refrigerated for an hour at least until chilled.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C for 10 minutes. Prepare a cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Slice the wafers as thin as possible.
- Place it in the tray and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Store in air tight container up to 5 days.
Bake this hearty Pistachio Wafers and make yourself happy. Thank me later for making your day wonderful!
Check out the other bloggers doing this Bake-a-thon 2019