Rasmalai – A flavor that makes our heart jump, a flavour that calms the rushing mind, a flavour that never goes out of style, I can keep on talking about Rasmalai. Dedicating this recipe of Rabadi Rasmalai Tart to all the rasmalai fans out there. There is a huge fan base for rasmalai and I am one of the greatest fans of it.
The love story of me and Rasmalai started at a very young age. As a child, one dessert that I could not resist is Rasmalai. A dessert that I cannot stop eyeing on in a bakery is Rasmalai. The love for Rasmalai grew as I grew. I am pretty sure that most of you can relate to this.
Rasmalai is our very own dessert originated in Kolkata. Did you know that K.C Das Sweets was the one to invent this recipe? Yes, Rasmalai was first made at K.C Das kitchen and everyone totally fell in love with Rasmalai. The love for it rapidly spread across the country. Gradually Rasmalai flavour was used in various recipes according to one’s taste. Rabadi Rasmalai Tart is my version. Very happy to be sharing this recipe with you!
I have used Ossoro’s Rasmalai Gold flavor for this Rabadi Rasmalai Tart Recipe. Their collection will amaze you. You name it and they have it. There’s not a flavour that you cannot find at Ossoro. A good flavour is much needed for any dessert and Ossoro does that job effortlessly. They are the best. Do try their flavours out. Here is the procedure of preparing this dessert. Take a look!
If you try out my recipes, just tag me on Instagram or Facebook using #bittybakes. If you have any doubts you can message me in here! Check out my latest recipe video in Youtube.
Rabadi Rasmalai Tart
To make Base:
- 190 g (1 1/2 cup) Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- pinch of Salt
- 50 g (1/4 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 120 g (1/2 +1/4 cup) Brown Sugar
- 35 ml (2 tbsp) Water
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Saffron Flavor
To make Rabadi:
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 4-5 strands Saffron
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Rasmalai Gold Flavor
- 2 tbsp Chopped Pista & Almonds
To make base:
- Mix butter, water and sugar till dissolved.
- Add in Ossoro's Saffron Flavor.
- Add in with all other dry ingredients and mix it till combined.
- Refrigerate at least for an hour or until use.
- Press in Mini tart molds and bake for 15-20 minutes until baked.
To make Rabadi:
- Boil milk till it thickens to 1/3rd quantity. While collect the malai on the sides. This will take around 20-30min.
- Add Sugar and let it dissolve.
- Let it boil for 5 more minutes.
- Add in chopped nuts and ossoro's rasmalai gold flavor.
- Let it come to room temperature.
- Pour the Rabadi in the baked molds and refrigerate until serving.
- Serve with more nuts!
I assure that you are going to fall in love the moment you take a bite of this Rabadi Rasmalai Tart. Can’t wait to hear your experience. Try this recipe and let me know how it turned out.
1 thought on “Rabadi Rasmalai Tart”
Comments are closed.