Today let’s see how to make a Rich Cherry Cake and Cherry Frosting . I know cherries aren’t in season, but stay tuned to know. Cherries are a perfect fruit in baked goodies and as you all know it always goes well with chocolate. As we use it in Black Forest cake all the time, but today I am gonna make Cherry Vanilla Cake.
Cherries go well with Vanilla too, I found it only after baking this delicious cherry cake. I have flavored it with Ossoro’s Greek Cherry Essence as I never miss my Baking partner! You can find it in the below link.
To get the true flavor of cherry, I have used reduced pure of it to make this Rich Cherry Cake and cherry frosting.
How to make reduced Cherry puree?
I have used tinned cherries for this. Pit and de-stem the Cherries. Grind the cherries to paste. In a heavy bottom sauce pan, place the paste and boil it till reduced to a thick consistency. You can store it in freezer for long.
So when you use this reduced puree it will really enhance the flavor. I have also used this reduced puree for whipped cream. Once whipped the cream, you have to add puree and fold in gently.
If you have made this recipe, share your pics on Insta or FB using #bittybakes and tagging @bakewithbittybakes
Check my few other cake recipes:
- Vanilla Sheet Cake
- Orange Cream cheese Pound Cake
- Death by Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Orange Cake
- Marmalade Cake
Cherry and Vanilla is wonderfully blended in this cake. So try out and share your thoughts.
- 145 g (1 + 2 tbsp) All Purpose Flour/ Maida
- 1 + 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 113 g (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 135 g (1/4 + 1/2 cup) Castor Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Bourbon Vanilla Essence
- 3/4 tsp Ossoro's Greek Cherry Essence
- 1/8 cup (2 tbsp) Sour Cream or Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Reduced Cherry Puree (check above the recipe)
- Prepare the Cherry Puree as I have mentioned. Let it cool.
- Prepare a 7" round pan with butter and parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Whisk in the flour, baking powder and salt and reserve it.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar till smooth.
- Add in eggs and mix well.
- Mix Milk and sour cream or yogurt.
- Fold in flour and milk mix alternatively.
- Pour in prepared pan and bake for 30-40 min or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Prepare Cherry Whipped Cream:
- Whip the cream and Icing sugar till frothy.
- Add in Ossoro's Greek Cherry Essence.
- Beat till stiff peaks.
- Fold the reduced puree slowly.
- Once cake it cooled top it with the whipped cream.