Rose Milk Cake Roll is so satisfying for a rose milk lover.
Till date this this roll cake is my best ever attempt!! Not only me, everyone in my home just loved it.
Whenever I make a cake with cream, it always stays in my fridge for at least 4 days. But this one is a total exception, just got over the next day itself.
If you have been following me for sometime now, you have came across my previous posts using Ossoro Flavors.
They have launched 35 new and interesting flavors. You can check all of them here. And I have been sent some of them, which means new exciting recipes are lined up! Subscribe below, so you are not missing it.
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”Don’t Miss A Recipe!!” group=”Public”]
Notes to make perfect Rose milk cake roll:
- Since there is no fat in this recipe, beating of Eggs and sugar for 8-10 minutes till it turns pale yellow color is what matters.
- Make sure you use a damn cloth when rolling the cake.
- Don’t roll it so tight, it may crack easily when unrolling it.
I have made a vanilla roll cake with cream and strawberry filling, so don’t forget to check it out.
Rose Milk Cake Roll
For Sponge Cake:
- 130 g (1 cup) All Purpose Flour/Maida
- 130 g (1 + 1/4 cup) Powdered Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 5-6 drops Ossoro's Rose Milk Essence
For Soaking Syrup:
- 1/2 cup Milk maid
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 4 drops Ossoro's Rose Milk Essence
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup Icing Sugar
- 3 drops Ossoro's Rose Milk Essence
Making the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 200 C for 10 minutes. Prepare a rectangle pan with Parchment paper and dust with some icing sugar.
- In a bowl, using an electric beater, beat eggs and sugar for 8-10 minutes till pale yellow color.
- Add all other ingredients and beat just till mixed.
- Using a spatula, scrap the sides of the bowl and give it a mix.
- Pour it in the prepared tray and bake for 8-10 min or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Prepare a damp cloth with a parchment paper bigger than the tray.
- As soon as the cake is done, use a sharp knife to remove it from edges.
- Turn the cake on to the prepare paper. Now try rolling it slowly using the damp cloth.
- Cover it with the damp cloth and let it cool completely.
- Mix all the syrup ingredients using a whisk and reserve.
Make the cream:
- Using an electric beater, beat the whipping cream till foamy.
- Add icing sugar and essence and beat till stiff peaks.
- Refrigerate till use.
Arrange the cake roll:
- Gently open the cooled cake roll.
- Brush it with the soaking syrup. (don't add too much, it may break while rolling)
- Add the cream and gently roll it back.
- Decorate with more cream and fresh flowers.
- Let it chill for atleast 2 hours before you serve. Refrigerate the remaining soaking syrup.
- Slice and serve it with more soaking syrup. So that rose milk oozes out!