Chocolate Cupcakes are always delicious. But how can you make it different? Here comes the Salted Caramel Mocha| Chocolate Cupcake Recipe, that makes you happy to be different.
Chocolate cakes are usually made with oil, but I feel it always lacks something. I love Butter Cakes over oil cakes, the taste definitely varies.
I wanted these mocha cupcakes to be soft and buttery, so added in both oil and butter. And another main ingredient is Buttermilk, this makes it more spongy.
You can either leave it just chocolate or make it mocha with a slight coffee. As I said before in my one bowl chocolate cupcake recipe, coffee lifts up the chocolate flavor.
This Mocha Cupcakes are so soft, that you can’t use this recipe for tired cakes. But can be baked in 7″ round pan if you make it as a single tier cake.
You can enjoy these cupcakes as such, to make it more delicious add in the salted caramel sauce and whipped cream. Caramel sauce and chocolate is a very interesting combo.
Once cooled, Make hole using the back of the nozzle in the center of all cupcakes. Filled it with homemade easy salted caramel sauce. And topped with Salted caramel whipped cream and more caramel sauce.
Let me know when you bake these beauties, tag me in Facebook.com and Instagram.com
Salted Caramel Mocha| Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
- 130 g (1 cup) All purpose flour/ Maida
- 40 g (1/3+1/3 cup) Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 225 g (1+ 1/4 cup) Castor Sugar
- 50 g (1/4 cup) Butter
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) Hot Water/ Coffee (For Coffee, add 1 tsp of coffee powder to boiling water)
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Salted Caramel Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 2-3 tbsp Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 200C and line the cupcake liners in the baking tray.
- Measure the dry ingredients and sieve it to get rid of lumps and reserve.
- Beat Butter and sugar till mixed.
- Add in Egg, oil and vanilla. Beat it till incorporated.
- Add buttermilk and coffee. Give it a mix.
- Add dry ingredient and mix it till incorporated.
- Pour it in the cupcake liners till 3/4 and bake for 10-15min or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Beat all the cream ingredients together till stiff peaks.
- Place it in piping bag with round nozzle.
For Serving Cupcakes:
- Make hole using the back of the nozzle in the center of all cupcakes.
- Fill the salted caramel sauce in the hole.
- Pipe it with salted caramel whipped cream and drizzle with more caramel sauce and top with cherry.