This Semolina orange marmalade muffin is delectably good!
I am a crazy marmalade fan! To such a extent that I got my own recipe for marmalade and make it to use for my cakes and other baking. So, I have used the same here. I was confused between cupcakes and muffins, didn’t know which to try. So, I checked the difference and saw that muffin is a form of bread that is typically had for breakfast. I thought the marmalade will go well with it. Also, muffins can be either sweet or savory.
I was going for something in the middle and not too sweet and not spicy either. So, the recipe given gives, mildly sweet muffins that are scrumptious to have for breakfast and since it is made from semolina , it is not heavy on the stomach . But, if you like more sweet and more moist then you can add 2 tablespoons of orange sugar syrup and top it with orange marmalade glaze. Do let me know how it came out for you!
I made 6 muffins and a small bundt cake out of this recipe. If you don’t have marmalade you can always use just the orange juice and zest directly. Check my How to make Orange Marmalade Recipe in cooker?
If you try my recipe, then tag me on Instagram or Facebook, so that I can see your bakes!! You can also follow me on Instagram, there is a Bake Challenge going on currently and winners will be awarded with surprise gifts!! Click here to check.
Semolina Orange Marmalade Muffin
- 120 g (1 cup) Wheat Flour
- 160 g (1 cup) Fine Semolina/ Rava (if its not fine, pulse it in mixie for 2 minutes)
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 112 g (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 180 g (1 cup) Castor Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 cup Milk
- 6 tbsp Orange Marmalade
- Preheat the Oven to 200 C for 10 minutes. Prepare 12 Silicone Muffin cups by applying oil.
- Measure and whisk the flour, semolina, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the Egg Whites separately till soft peaks and reserve.
- In another bowl, add Butter and sugar, beat using an electric beater till creamy.
- Add Egg Yolks and beat till mixed.
- Add in dry ingredients and milk alternatively starting and ending with dry.
- Fold in Egg Whites gently into the batter.
- Pour it into the muffins cups and bake until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- You can top it with marmalade sugar glaze by mixing marmalade to the glaze.