I should say I am obsessed with Strawberries in season, here is yet another strawberry cake! Here is Semolina Strawberry Mini Cakes.
It’s been so long, since I have baked using Almond flour! When I was following paleo, I made Gluten-free Spinach Cupcakes and Carrot Cakes. Festive season is here and to make it more special, I give you these mini Cakes.
Today it’s semolina and almond flour bake. Semolina Cakes are so popular nowadays, but this is my first bake. Semolina gives a very nice crunch to the cake and with almond flour it really tasted awesome!
Strawberries are such wonderful fruit for Baking and photography!! It has such a vibrant color. Since my insta is flooded with it, I am adding mine too.
- Use very fine semolina or pulse it in mixer to make finer.
- I used reduced strawberry puree, that was a left over from my last strawberry cupcakes. You can check how to make it here. You can even make it without puree, just add more diced strawberries.
- You can also use homemade Almond Meal. Here is a post on how to make your own Almond meal.
Semolina Strawberry Mini Cakes
- 113 g (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 100 g (1/2 cup) Castor Sugar
- 50 g (1/2 cup) Almond Meal/Flour
- 70 g (1/2 cup) Fine Semolina
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup Reduced Strawberry Puree
- 1/4 cup Diced Strawberries
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 200 C and prepare 6 ramekins by applying oil or butter.
- Measure and whisk the semolina, almond meal, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- Using an electric beater, beat butter and sugar till creamy.
- Add Egg, vanilla extract and puree, beat just till incorporated. If it looks split, don't worry.
- Add the diced strawberries in flour and give it a mix.
- Fold in the flour to wet ingredients gently. Pour it in the ramekins.
- Bake it in preheated oven at 180 C for 18-20 minutes or till toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once baked, let it cool completely before you try to remove from pan.
- Run a knife through the edges and serve it right away.