I should say I am obsessed with Strawberries in season, here is yet another strawberry cake! Here is Semolina Strawberry Mini Cakes.
It’s been so long, since I have baked using Almond flour! When I was following paleo, I made Gluten-free Spinach Cupcakes and Carrot Cakes. Festive season is here and to make it more special, I give you these mini Cakes.
Today it’s semolina and almond flour bake. Semolina Cakes are so popular nowadays, but this is my first bake. Semolina gives a very nice crunch to the cake and with almond flour it really tasted awesome!
Strawberries are such wonderful fruit for Baking and photography!! It has such a vibrant color. Since my insta is flooded with it, I am adding mine too.
- Use very fine semolina or pulse it in mixer to make finer.
- I used reduced strawberry puree, that was a left over from my last strawberry cupcakes. You can check how to make it here. You can even make it without puree, just add more diced strawberries.
- You can also use homemade Almond Meal. Here is a post on how to make your own Almond meal.
Using Fresh Fruits in cake is a such an interesting bake and tastes just amazing. Almond meal gives it a rich flavor.
- 113 g (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 100 g (1/2 cup) Castor Sugar
- 50 g (1/2 cup) Almond Meal/Flour
- 70 g (1/2 cup) Fine Semolina
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup Reduced Strawberry Puree
- 1/4 cup Diced Strawberries
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Preheat oven to 200 C and prepare 6 ramekins by applying oil or butter.
Measure and whisk the semolina, almond meal, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
Using an electric beater, beat butter and sugar till creamy.
Add Egg, vanilla extract and puree, beat just till incorporated. If it looks split, don't worry.
Add the diced strawberries in flour and give it a mix.
Fold in the flour to wet ingredients gently. Pour it in the ramekins.
Bake it in preheated oven at 180 C for 18-20 minutes or till toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Once baked, let it cool completely before you try to remove from pan.
Run a knife through the edges and serve it right away.