What’s your munch time favorite? Cookies or cakes? Well, if the answer is yes for both, then undoubtedly you would fall in love with Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake. The name itself takes us to paradise. I am already drooling on hearing this.
Here is our Yearly Bake Event, Bake-A-Thon 2019! This is a Bake Event, where many other bloggers join together and bake 3 recipes per week, which happens throughout the month of December. Hope you enjoy this season.
Since we all love baking, we also love experimenting in baking to satiate our sweet tooth cravings. I wanted to experiment something with skillet from a long time and here comes the day when I finally put it into action. Wonder why I wanted to try baking Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake? It is just because of how convenient and fun the skillet is.
Have you faced this issue of your bowls piling up in the sink whenever you bake something? Yeah, I totally agree that baking is a little messy and we might have to use a lot of bowls every now and then. But, Skillet can be used as a pan on and off the stove to heat or mix and that makes our life so much easier.
You can even use some Royal Icing and make some Cookie Trees!!
I am always a fan of unique presentation. With my usual cakes, the cake is baked in the mold and then displayed in the plate. But, Skillet itself can be used for the presentation. The rustic look that it gives is more appealing for even photography. Take a look at the image of Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake that I baked. Isn’t the skillet looking amazing. Being a great fan of chocolate, this is one of my favorites. I am sure it will be your favorite too. Take a look at how this beauty is made:
Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- 113 g (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 90 g (1/2 cup) Castor Sugar
- 120 g (1/2 + 1/4 cup) Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 230 g (1 + 1/2 + 1/4 cup) All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Chocolate Chunks
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 tbsp Flaky sea Salt For topping, optional
- Preheat the oven to 200 C for 10 min. Prepare a skillet by applying butter.
- Using an electric beater, beat butter and sugars till creamy.
- Add in Vanilla and Egg. Beat till mixed.
- Fold in Flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add in chocolate chunks and chips. Reserve some for topping.
- Place dough in the prepared skillet. Spread it even.
- Top with the remaining chocolate chunks and chip. If using sea salt, add it now.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 min, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve hot!
I bet your mouth is watering by the imagination of Skillet Chocolate chip cookie cakes. Serve it hot and indulge in the chocolaty cake!
Check out the other bloggers doing this Bake-a-thon 2019