This Strawberry and Cream Swiss Roll is a so light and airy cake.
When I made this cake roll, I was taken back to my childhood. Where we friends join together and have this cake in a bakery near my school. We save our pocket money especially for this jam filled cake roll.
In Bakeries, they fill and cover it with jam and roll it with desiccated coconut. Even today these cakes are hit. But in shops, the cake looks so dry with hard texture. So its time to try this super delicious cake at home.
Swiss Roll or Cake Roll is not a difficult cake, it needs little more attention to assemble the roll. It’s an easy recipe to follow with just three main ingredients – flour, eggs and powdered sugar.
Strawberry and cream swiss cake totally depends on the eggs for raise and soft texture. So the eggs and sugar has to be beaten for full 10 minutes, to make a good airy a sponge cake.
Coming to the filling, there are endless options to go with. It can be filled jam, cream, ganache or any fresh fruits. Here I used cream and fresh Strawberries.
- Bake it just till done, when a toothpick comes out clean. It will take around 10-12 min.
- If over baked, the cake will go hard.
- Rolling has to be done when its still hot. When you roll once cooled, it will break.
- Filling like jam can be filled when cake is hot.
- Cream, Ganache and all other fillings should be filled once the cake is completely cooled. Check how to make Ganache.
If you try out my recipes, just tag me on Instagram or Facebook using #bittybakes. If you have any doubts you can message me in here! Check out my latest recipe video in Youtube.
Strawberry and Cream Swiss Roll
- 130 g (1 cup) All Purpose Flour/Maida
- 130 g (1/2 + 1/4 cup) Powder Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup Diced Strawberries
To make Cake:
- Preheat oven to 180 C for 10 minutes and prepare a rectangle pan with butter paper and sprinkle some icing sugar.
- Beat Eggs and sugar till thick and pale in color for about 10 minutes.
- Gently fold in flour in 2 batches.
- Using a spatula spread the batter evenly.
- Bake for 10-12 min.
- Meanwhile get ready with a damp cloth and butter paper slightly bigger than the baking tin.
- As soon as the cake is done, when its still hot run a sharp knife through the edges on all sides.
- Turn it on to the butter paper and tap to get the cake out of the tin. Remove the butter paper.
- If the edges of the cake is hard to touch, you can trim 1/2 inch on all sides.
- Now roll it with the help of damp cloth. Rolling should be done when its still hot. If using jam, you can heat the jam a bit and spread it before rolling.
- If using cream, roll it first and let it cool completely before applying cream.
- Once cooled, apply the whipped cream and add strawberry. Roll it again and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before cutting.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar and more strawberries to serve.
1 thought on “Strawberry and Cream Swiss Roll”
Comments are closed.