This season I think I have bought more than 20 boxes of strawberries!! Plenty of desserts can be made using Strawberries. I made this Strawberry Galette last week when we went for a family picnic.
I should say everyone loved these Galette. It has very less sugar and can be packed easily to carry. Strawberry Galette with rosemary tasted awesome.
Summer is peaking through and so Strawberry season is ending. And delicious Mangoes will be around soon. So stick around for some yummy desserts with Mango.
Did you check my Deconstructed Pear panna cotta with strawberries??
If you know me, I love to use vibrant colors to present my dish. I have been sticking to red and white colors for now but with mango season around the corner I’m going to bring in other colors for my food photography. So stick around and support me as always…Meet ya soon!!
Easy Strawberry Galette
For Pastry Dough:
- 195 g (1 + 1/2 cup) All Purpose Flour/ Maida
- 113 g (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter (Slightly chilled)
- 90 g (1/2 cup) Sugar
- 1 or 2 tbsp Chilled Water
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 stem Fresh Rosemary
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1/2 cup Almond Flakes (optional)
- More sugar for dusting
For Strawberry Filling:
- 1/2 kg Strawberries
- 1 + 1/2 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Sugar
To make Pastry Dough:
- Mix the Flour, sugar and cinnamon powder in a bowl.
- Add the chilled butter. Rub in to the flour till looks like bread crumbs.
- Add in chilled water and make a dough.
- Cling wrap it and chill for at least an hour.
To prepare filling:
- Mix all the filling ingredients and reserve.
- After an hour, make 4 equal balls in the dough.
- Using a roller, flatten it and cut each to form round shape.
- Arrange the strawberries in layers in the middle leaving 1 inch around the corner.
- Fold the edges by pleating it.
- Add in the rosemary leaves in all the galettes.
- Using a pastry brush, apply milk to the edges.
- If using Almond flakes, stick it to the edges now. Dust with some sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes, till the edges are golden brown.
- Serve it hot or top it with some ice cream.