I know that you just read the title ‘Super Soft Vanilla Sponge Cake’ and you are already drooling. Yes, Sponge Cake takes us back to childhood memories. That was the only cake we ever used to love and afford at those times. From admiring sponge cakes to making those, we have all come a long way. What say? Let us take a look into that journey today and while we speak about it, let us also bake this yumminess with white chocolate frosting. Ready?
Super Soft Vanilla Sponge Cake | White Chocolate Frosting
What makes Sponge Cake stand out comparatively? If you answered ‘softness’, you are a pro in Sponge Cake. The name itself says sponge, so the main feature of sponge cake is softness. But, not all the times we can bake it perfectly right? So, here is a perfect recipe for Super Soft Vanilla Sponge Cake which is perfect for all your kitty parties, birthday parties, dessert cravings and whenever you have guests at home.
We bakers generally use Vanilla Essence to create that aromatic flavor. But, have you ever thought of the benefits that we get from this? Yes, Vanilla not only tastes delectable, but it calms the mind. Now you know why desserts reduce stress. It is because of the vanilla essence present in it.
If you are on Instagram, come say “hi” at bake with bittybakes. Catch me on Facebook here.
For this super soft Vanilla Sponge Cake, I have also used white chocolate frosting. Guess why? First things first, white chocolate works great for immunity boosting as Cocoa butter is present in it which is rich in antioxidants.
I have given you enough reasons to bake this palatable cake. What are you waiting for? Let’s bake some and dig right in! The complete baking procedure is mentioned. I would love to hear your feedback on how your cake turned out. Don’t forget to comment below regarding your feedback. Happy Baking!
Here are some more Easy Cake recipes that you would love :
Vegan Mini Chocolate Sponge Cake
Vanilla Cake Sponge with White Chocolate Frosting
- 260 g (2 cups) All purpose flour/maida
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 112 g (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter
- 180 g (1 cup) Castor Sugar
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
White Chocolate Frosting:
- 80 g White Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 cups Icing Sugar
- 50 ml Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 cup Strawberry
- 3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 C for 10 minutes. Prepare a 6" round pan by applying oil/butter and parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and oil till mixed.
- Add in sugar and beat till smooth.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Beat it till incorporated.
- Add in flour, baking powder, salt.
- Fold in using a spatula.
- Mix in milk till incorporated well.
- Pour it in the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. Until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
White Chocolate Frosting:
- Beat butter for a minute.
- Add in icing sugar and salt. Beat it till smooth.
- Mix in melted white chocolate.
- Beat for 20 seconds.
- Add in heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Beat till mixed.
- Once cake is cooled, add the cream, add Strawberry toppings (recipe below).
To make Strawberry Toppings: ( can be stored upto 2 weeks)
- In a pan, let the water come to boil.
- Add in Sugar. Let it dissolve.
- Add in balsamic vinegar.
- Give it a boil.
- Mix in sliced Strawberries.
- Let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Once the sauce color changes to red, off from the flame.
- Let it cool down and store it in glass containers.
- You can use it as topping for chocolate cake, pannacotta and so on.