This Chocolate Yule Log Cake is a real show stopper.
A rich chocolate sponge cake with smooth whipped cream filling tastes better than it looks!!
Its crazy for me to imagine a cake filled with sweet filling .. all rolled , covered with chocolate frosting and decorated with flowers and leaves looking just like a log straight out of a fairy-tale.
If you are craving for chocolate then this will definitely satisfy you. It can be decorated with fresh fruits and more.
The fluffy chocolate sponge .. swirled around with a spiral of cream and covered with decadent dark chocolate ganache is just Heavenly !!!
This Traditional cake is decorated to resemble a log, the soft airy sponge is the best part of this dessert. They are made around the winter season and will be the centerpiece at your table to win all hearts !!
The Yule log cake is a symbol of the New year and Good luck. It is originally from France. Its the perfect sweet dessert for your holiday.
I made it look like a Yule log has a tree bark by dragging a fork lengthwise through the frosting, Drag wavy lines to make it look more realistic. You can take it over the top by dusting the entire log with a light coating of sugar !!!
Yudelo Rich Chocolate Flavor:
It might look complicated to make, but its rather just an assembly of all the elements, if you get all the component ready and its quite simple to make this swirly deliciousness. I have used Yudelo Rich Chocolate Flavor to make it extra delicious! Check out their flavors here.
If you tried making this Yule log recipe, then don’t forget to let me know how you got on in the comments below, Would love hearing for you !!
So, here are some good range of cookie recipes that I’ve tried. Check them out:
- Gingerbread Cookie house
- Healthy rich plum cookies
- Irish cream Crinkle cookies
- Whole wheat shortbread cookies
- Best ever linzer cookies
- Classic chocolate chip cookies
- Classic decorated sugar cookies
Chocolate Yule Log Cake
- 1 cup Maida
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Egg (separated)
- 3/4 cup Castor Sugar
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Yudelo Rich Chocolate
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Chocolate cream (for topping)
- Fondant cake decoration (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C for 10 minutes. Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites in a bowl.
- Add 75 g of sugar gradually and beat until fluffy.
- Beat together egg yolks and 75 g of sugar in another bowl.
- Add the Yudelo Rich Chocolate Flavor and oil.
- Now add this mixture into the egg whites and fold.
- Add maida, salt, baking powder, cocoa powder and fold gently.
- Pour into the prepared tray and bake at 180 c for 10-12 mins.
- Lightly cool the cake and roll it using a tea-towel. Check the video for more details.
- Now spread the whipped cream and roll the cake.
- Spread the Chocolate whipped cream over the rolled cake.
- Decorate with Chocolate cream and fondant decorations.