Classic Pound Cake is a basic sponge cake that is very simple to make. Its a butter cake with just four main ingredients – flour, butter, sugar and eggs.
Vanilla pound cake is started by creaming of butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. You can always adjust the measurements according to your needs, ex., if you want to add 150 g of flour, you should make every 100 g as 150 g in the given recipe.
Butter Cake is totally vanilla, so use best quality vanilla extract or you can make your own vanilla extract. The browning of the top is the sign of a perfectly cooked Vanilla pound cake. The same recipe can bake it in a loaf pan or a bunt cake pan too.
Tips to make it perfect:
- All ingredients should be in room temperature.
- Creaming of butter is very important step to get that texture. Notice for a change in color of butter while you cream.
- Use Castor Sugar, or make your own by grinding the regular sugar to small granules.
- Cream butter and sugar till smooth.
- Beat 1 egg at a time and beat it only till it’s combined.
- Check the consistency, batter should flow easily when lift it. If not add 1 tbsp milk at time and fold it.
- Grease the pan with butter or oil, don’t forget the butter paper at the bottom.
- You can bake the same recipe as cupcakes using paper liners. Cupcakes will take around 15 to 20 min. So check with a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Vanilla Pound Cake
Vanilla Pound Cake is the basic cake recipe and easiest one since you add any flavor and change accordingly.
- 100 g Butter
- 100 g Sugar
- 100 g Flour
- 2 Eggs 1 egg equals 50 gram
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1-2 tbsp Milk optional
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Take butter in a large bowl with electric beater or stand mixer. Beat butter till fluffy and pale for about 3 mins.
- add in sugar, beat for 5 min until mixed thoroughly.
- add 1 egg at a time. Beat until just combined.
- add vanilla. add in flour, baking powder and salt.
- If the batter is too thick you should add 1 tbsp milk at a time.
- Bake it in 7" round mold for 30-40 min at 180 c.
Creaming of butter and sugar to a fluffy consistency gives you a spongy cake.