Veganism is slowly hitting everyone. The moral to stand against the cruelty to animals is a thought to be appreciated. So, here I am doing my bit by baking this delicious Vegan Mini Chocolate Sponge. If you are a vegan and looking for vegan baking recipes, this is a must try. Absolutely drooling and ecstatic!
For VEGAN Diet:
A lot of people are going vegan nowadays. However, if you are planning to be a Vegan, it is essential for you to know about your diet. Deficiency in Vitamin B12, calcium, iron, iodine can be caused due to poorly planned vegan diets. But, a well planned vegan diet is very helpful in reducing cholesterol levels, body weight, blood sugar levels, risk of heart disease and many more. Inspiring! Isn’t it?
For this recipe of Vegan Mini Chocolate sponge cake, I have not used any form of dairy products. I have used Almond milk as a substitute for dairy milk. Even the whipping cream that I have used is the non-dairy version. But, we don’t compromise the taste of the cake anywhere. It is equally delicious to the cakes that have dairy products in it. If you do not want to go vegan on this recipe, you can use the regular milk and tweak it to Eggless Chocolate Sponge.
I have used Ossoro’s Chocolate Hazelnut flavor for this Vegan Mini Chocolate Cake. The flavor goes perfectly with the recipe. My recipes are not complete without the use of a little Ossoro’s flavors and you all know that. The flavor of hazelnut, chocolate and strawberry is flawless. Do try it out. Here is the procedure to bake!
If you try out my recipes, just tag me on Instagram or Facebook using #bittybakes. If you have any doubts you can message me at here! Check out my latest recipe video in Youtube.
This is one of the recipe that I made for Valentine’s Dessert Table!!
Other recipes that I made for Valentine’s Day:
Vegan Eggless Mini Chocolate Cake
To make Vegan Chocolate Sponge:
- 195 g (1 + 1/2 cup) All purpose Flour/ Maida
- 1/3 cup Corn Flour
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 90 g (1/2 cup) Castor Sugar (If you are sweet tooth add 1/4 cup more)
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 55 g (1/4 cup) Almond Butter
- 1/2 tsp Ossoro's Chocolate Hazelnut Flavor
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) Almond Milk or any milk
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) Chickpea Brine/Water See note
To make Chocolate Cream:
- 1 cup Non-dairy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Chopped Chocolate
- 1/4 tsp Ossoro's Chocolate Hazelnut Flavor
- 1/4 cup Hazelnuts
- 5 Strawberry
- Preheat oven to 180 C for 10 minutes. Prepare a (12" * 9") rectangle cake tin by applying oil/butter and parchment paper.
- Mix Vinegar and Almond Milk/milk. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, add flour, corn flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Whisk and set aside.
- Using a whisk, beat butter and sugar.
- Add Chickpea water, milk mixture and mix well.
- Whisk in dry ingredients.
- Pour it in the prepared tin and bake for 10 - 12 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once cake is completely cold, using a round cutter, cut it in circles or any other shape you would like. I made some circles and some heart!!
To make Cream:
- Using an electric beater, whip the cream and Ossoro's Chocolate Hazelnut Flavor to stiff peaks.
- Melt Chocolate, let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Add it to whipped cream and beat till mixed.
Put it together:
- Place a cake layer pipe the cream.
- Add some hazelnuts.
- Top it with another cake layer.
- Serve it more Melted Chocolate and strawberry.
Nothing can go wrong with vegan mini chocolate cake. I am sure that you are going to love this recipe. Enjoy baking this deliciousness and let me know how was it!