Tart fans in the house, raise your hand! Yes, Tarts are amazing and it’s impossible not to fall in love with it. And, we chocolate lovers love to experiment various recipes with just chocolate and this Walnut Chocolate Cake Tart was one such experiment which turned out to be a great dessert. Would you like to know how? Read till the end.
Walnut Chocolate Cake Tart
We all experiment and try various things with baking. Baking was always an art and Tart was found with one such experiment by two unmarried sisters in France. They were inspired by Pie which came 200 years ago before Tart. Now the question is what is the difference between Pie and Crust. While the Pie has a crust and the filling, tart has only a bottom crust with shallow sides. Over the years there have been so many varieties of tarts made across the world and its pretty impossible to choose a favorite one.
Coming to our Walnut Chocolate Cake Tart, I had to think for a while on how to modify the existing walnut chocolate cake. But, with Hamilton Beach Mixer, everything came together very well. First things first, in baking the most important part is mixing and the texture. That is taken care of by Hamilton Beach Mixer. Absolutely top quality mixer which is easy to use and the ingredients are mixed and smoothed so well. Loved this mixer so much. Every few years, your mixer has to be changed. If it is that year for you, I would strongly suggest you to go ahead with Hamilton Beach Mixer. I bet you would love it.
You would have real fun while making this Walnut Chocolate Cake Tart. I have mentioned the recipes separately for both Tart and walnut chocolate cake. Make this cake of happiness and serve it to your friends and family. Be ready to steal their hearts with your baking skills. Happy Baking!
Here are the other recipes you might like:
Walnut Cake Tart
To make Tart:
- 200 g All purpose flour / Maida
- pinch of Salt
- 100 g Chilled Butter
- 50 g Sugar
- 2 Egg Yolks
To Walnut Chocolate Cake:
- 200 g Walnuts
- 250 g Castor Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 50 g Melted Butter
- 80 g All purpose Flour/Maida
- 75 g Dark Chocolate (grated)
- 1 tbsp Instant Coffee (dissolved in 1 tbsp water)
- 50 ml Water
To make Tart:
- Mix flour, salt and sugar.
- Add in egg yolks and butter.
- Give it a mix
- Rub between the fingers till flour looks like crumbs.
- Place it in a cling wrap and form dough.
- Refrigerate it for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C for 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough on to a floured surface.
- Roll it to required size based on the tart pan.
- Blind bake in the oven at 180 C for 10 minutes. (blind bake - add any dry beans to aluminum foil and place it on the tart) Remove the beans and bake for 5 minutes.
- Let it cool down while filling is made.
To make Walnut Chocolate Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180C for 10 minutes.
- In a mixer jar, add walnuts and sugar.
- Grind it to powder.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and blend.
- Once everything comes together, pour it on top of the baked tart.
- Top it with walnuts if needed.
- Bake in oven at 180 C for 20-30 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve warm!