Whole Wheat Orange Seed Loaf is so aromatic and healthy.
As I was going through my to do list, I saw Orange Poppy seed cake. This cake had enough time in my list, so I decided to make it.
Then checked for the ingredients and realized I didn’t have black poppy seeds 🙁 I had lot of chia seeds, by then I decided to make Orange Chia and white poppy seed cake.
When I was baking this Orange cake, my neighbor friend just sneaked into my kitchen to see what I am baking with Orange. She waited till its baked and had a bite at last. She enjoyed it a lot. Orange cakes are such aromatic when you add fresh orange juice and zest.
The seeds, all over the cake makes it crunchy here and there. Its so interesting, when a cake is crunchy. Don’t you think?
This recipe uses Regular sugar but you can substitute with Brown sugar in equal quantity.
Did You Know??
Chia Seeds deliver a massive amount of nutrition with very few calories. They are rich in fiber, protein and antioxidants.
Whole Wheat Orange Loaf
- 150 g (1 + 1/4 cup) Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp Poppy Seed more for topping
- 2 tbsp Chia Seed more for topping
- Pinch of Salt
- 56 g (1/4 cup) Melted Butter
- 160 g (1/3 + 1/3 cup) Castor Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 1 Orange Zest
- 1/3 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 200 C for 20 minutes. Prepare a loaf pan by applying butter and parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk in flour, salt, soda, baking powder and the seeds. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk in melted butter and sugar till mixed.
- Add Egg and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add Orange Juice and zest. Whisk it till mixed.
- Now add in Flour and milk alternatively starting and ending with flour in 3 additions.
- Pour it in the prepared loaf pan and top it with more seeds.
- Bake it at 180 C for 30-40 min until toothpick inserted comes out clean.