Wild Jamun is a Indian fruit that is very healthy and has a vibrant color. I love the color and used this fruit to make Wild Jamun | Java Plum Compote recipe.
In Tamil, Java Plum is called as நாவல் பழம். While its still in season here I made these wild jamun | java plum compote recipe. It just has 3 ingredients. The difficult part is removing the pulp, your hands get messed up and I should say forgot your manicure.
This Compote can be used as a topping, just with a slice of toasted bread. Make a mousse out of it or Serve it with Vanilla Panna cotta, like I did. Check the recipe for Vanilla Panna cotta. Oh I forgot to mention Cheesecake, why the regular cherry compote, try this vibrant java plum compote.
This Recipe is inspired from Deeba Rajpal’s blog, the Passionate about Baking, Jamun Mousse Recipe. I always love the way she delivers message through her blog post.
Wild jamun | Java plum Compote Recipe
- 250 g Wild Jamun| Java Plum
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- First step is to remove the seeds from the plum, use a knife.
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan, add in the jamun with the juices and sugar.
- Bring it to boil and finally add in the vinegar. Let it boil for a minute.
- Off from the flame, let it come to room temperature.
- To get a thick compote, you can pure it or leave it as such like me.
- Store it in fridge for a week or in freezer for 1 month.
- Top it on to Ice cream, mousses or Panna cotta.